MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to test drive a US-spec Cooper on Friday (originally was told it'd be a Cooper S, but that offer was withdrawn this morning). So post any questions you want me to investigate, but be sure to get them in before Friday. I'll post my responses and other impressions Friday night.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pull to the left? j/k
Try and run it by a recycle plant and weigh the thing. That would be a nice thing to finally know. I expect you will fill us in on general build quality and such.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If they let you, pull into a flat parking lot and see if it drifts left. It should go straight on a flat and drift very slightly right on a normal road due to the crown. If you have a digital camera, take a shot of the glovebox. If you can't post it yourself, send it to [email protected] and he will post it for you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!

Today I was told that neither the Cooper nor the S will be available to drive tomorrow. Supposedly, the product engineering folks announced a recall on some bolts for the lower control arm earlier this week (and the replacement parts are still in the UK). The original notice referred only to the (pre-production) S models in the US, but when the list of VIN's of affected cars was released, it included all of the twenty or so pre-production Coopers and S's currently in the US. Oh well....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts