MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i went and test drove a nice 05 MCS yesterday, and you know...compared to my 03 (which i got in 02) it is quite a difference. Everything inside seemed to be of better build/quality, and it was a bit perkier and seemingly a tad bit faster. Maybe that's because the MCS i had before was a heaping pile :) anyway, so come January, I think I will place an order for an 05 MCS. I love the chrome interior, and despite my reservations, i do like the chrono pack, although i don't know if i would use any of those gauges :). I am not too happy about the quality of the switch for the sunroof/panel of maplights, but I can live with it. I just hope that whenever i get my 05, it won't cause me pain and grief. so is it me? or is the 05 REALLY that big of a difference between 02 - 04?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know...the MCS i drove had the H/K system, which is an option i will consider. my 03 had the stock system and it was ok. I like the clarity of the H/K though. good high, mid and low end separation. There's only one difference between the 03's and 05's i can see, and that is the MFSW no longer will let you change between radio/cd/casette/aux. you have to change that on the HU and use the wheel buttons for everything else. kinda sucks...but....oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.