·
Registered
5,107 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) So it would seem!

I didn't think posting in the test forum would show up in 'Recents'...

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
:) So it would seem!

I didn't think posting in the test forum would show up in 'Recents'...
to be fair its not just mini or prince engines these days they all have their stupid similar designs it would seem,
vauxhall, m32 gearboxes 6 speed man, destroy them selves around 40k-70k, 2.0cdti have oil feed issues 50k-80k the 1.7cdti engine melt the cylinder block between 3 and 4 cylinder destroying engines very common some melt holes in the heads, plus the gearbox weakness,
bmw diesels n47 timing chains fail 60-80k 3k bill, dmf fails 70k as do most cars on road, all petrol bmw products 100k timing chain max,, prince engines worse,
honda up to 2012 1.8 vtec engines get a cracked block new engine needed honda have recall on 8 years and 80k fix for free. also pre 2010 clucthes weak, pre2008 timing chains and injectors that will not come out of head so new head etc to repair,
peuget citroen same as mini with prince engines, then add bsi ecu and fuse box and wiring that ingresses water and kills it off,
ford the eco boost run timing belt in the crankcase oil they snap early new engine, also the cylinder head is made of cast and includes the exhaust manifold as one unit hmm they crack for a past time,,
fiat alfa twin air engine ho my god dont know where to start with them, they have oil fed inlet valves no cam shaft for it relies on oil then add two cylinders and a highly strung turbo and the mother of all to work on even the main agents struggle with them,
this is just a small amount of the crap we all get sold, but when all these cars were new to just out of warranty they were most reliable as they were designed to be, as no makers really designs a car to last much past that point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts