MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to thank Roland and his team for fitting my new super charger pulley and up rated idler pulley today. A very professional out fit :D :D :D

I believe this is a worth while investment and a piece of mined for anyone who has changed they super charger pulley to a smaller version. ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Hi Guys, The Idler pulley we manufacture differs from oe it the following ways:
Larger diameter &wider high temp bearing
3 way spigoting into block& both sides of bearing
TIR less than .001" ,surface finish better than CLA 16, (plus no belt wearing centre groove)
Matl. is 6082T6 Alloy ,black anodised 20 microns typ.
PLUS It is larger diameter , this regains contact arc on the drive side of the S/C pulley
that is lost when using a smaller S/C pulley thus reducing any possibility of belt slip.
It also means you could reuse the std belt whilst keeping the tensioner from being too far extended. (we always change the belt though)
Not to be confused with the tensioner pulley,though we will be doing these on exchange at some point engineered to similar spec to above, For more info please contact direct.
Regards Roland Gt Tuning

·
Mini Tweaker
33 Posts
Excellent, Roland! I've got some minor belt slipping going on, and I've been looking for a solution. Sounds like this, and perhaps an aftermarket tensioner would be a great help to me. Now where might those of us across the pond aquire one?
cheers

·
265 Posts
Wondering

Graham - what was wrong with your AmD pulley that you had to swap it for another?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amigo said:
Graham - what was wrong with your AmD pulley that you had to swap it for another?
I actually fitted a Mini Minia 2 piece pulley to start with, but to be honest wasn't very happy with it. I then bought the AMD pulley to fit at at a later stage, but due to work commitments didn't have time to fit it :( , so I decided while Roland was fitting the up rated Idler gear, to fit his own designed pulley. ;)

I now have 2 15% pulleys for sale if anyones interested? one brand new and the other 9 months old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts