MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to thank Ray West and his team for the conversion they’ve done to my MCS :D :D , the drive home was a great experience, I now have a big smile of my face and will do for a long time.

Ray certainly knows how to tune these cars and knew he was up against it with my car knowing that previous power figures had been lower than most. :(

I would highly recommend anyone to have a chat with him about your requirements. He’s very approachable and easy to talk and you won’t be disappointed! ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I didn't realise that West did a 225Bhp conversion? Is that the normal Pulley and ECU adjustment, and the extra power comes from your Milltek exhaust and intercooler??

I'd be interested to know, I can't make my mind up between the West conversion and the one offered by BBR.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spillers said:
I didn't realise that West did a 225Bhp conversion? Is that the normal Pulley and ECU adjustment, and the extra power comes from your Milltek exhaust and intercooler??

I'd be interested to know, I can't make my mind up between the West conversion and the one offered by BBR.

Without the exhaust & manifold the conversion is 212-215bhp I believe. Ray said the intercooler work well :D. Remember an intercooler will give you get better torque and throttle response.The more boost you run the better the intercooler will work.

·
MINI 2 OLD BOY
648 Posts
Nice!

Good to hear Graham , i know you've bin having problems and i myself know how it feels!

Glad to see ur cars kicking out sum nice figures , im popping in to see ray sometime soon ;)

Paul

·
Registered
295 Posts
GRSmotorsport said:
Just like to thank Ray West and his team for the conversion they’ve done to my MCS :D :D , the drive home was a great experience, I now have a big smile of my face and will do for a long time.

Ray certainly knows how to tune these cars and knew he was up against it with my car knowing that previous power figures had been lower than most. :(

I would highly recommend anyone to have a chat with him about your requirements. He’s very approachable and easy to talk and you won’t be disappointed! ;)

Nice one mate,

I couldn't stop grinning after my MCS West Conversion. As I've written several times - I'm a big fan of West Tunings work and customer service and Ray certainly does know his stuff.

I'm already planning some further add ons to boost my power, exhaust (header and cat-back) and cam seem like the most likely mods as this should give me around an extra 20bhp on top of my 210/215bhp conversion. Wouldn't mind one of your intercoolers too at some stage in the not too distant future!!!!! :D

LB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts