MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about 10 weeks my CR/W MCS has finally sold and it is going to a good home. I must say that never before has a car or a car community played such a massive part in my life, thank you to all of you that contributed to that enjoyment :)

My car based personality and that of my wife too will now take a sabbatical for around 4 to 5 years whilst we concentrate on our new house and enjoy the economical and reliable motoring that is a 2003 Toyota Camry :eek: :eek: :eek: yes it's a huge step down from the the MCS but it's pretty hard to argue with $20K for a one year old Camry with cruise and full electrics, I must say that I am actually looking forward to driving a smooth, comfortable, roomy and quiet car for a while, I'm kind of looking forward to blending into society and having room to put my esky and groceries somewhere without having to put down the seats! Yes I will miss the MINI but I won't miss the constant niggles and rattles, I won't miss the harsh ride in peak hour traffic and I won't miss the constant goading to race young ne'er do wells in Commodores and Sylvia's. I will miss that supercharger wail at 6:00am on a cold August morning screaming over the mountains with a great bunch of guys.

Cheers all and thanks again. :D

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Jase, must congrats the buyer for buying such a mint MCS. I gathered he's not one of us?

The Camry is plain and boring, personality-free but it do wonders at crushing bugs :D my last Melbourne-Sydney stint was done in a '03 Camry and at the end, there was a shitload of bugs and flies collected up the front!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
minigolf said:
Good news Jase, well, kind of ... you know what I mean. :) And no Passat. :(

Oh well, enjoy the Camry, happy families, happy mortages and all that. :p

:indi:

Cheers Liam
WOAAH there big boy, no families for me, children are the devils work :D luckily my wife feels the same way. As for the Passat, well they have the huge potential to become quite a headache, which is a risk I don't really want to take at this point. Shame really as they are quite a nice car. Maybe I'll buy a new one in a few years.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Its a shame to see yo leaving the community!! (I make it sounds like cult!!:p)

But, you have to do what you have to do... a car is only one part of your life...

Best of luck for the future, and if you want to go for a fang in a mini, Im sure one of the clubmini guys will let you ride shotgun one sunday moring!! LOL

Keep popping on to say G'day to us all!

Todd

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
jasemini said:
WOAAH there big boy, no families for me, children are the devils work :D luckily my wife feels the same way. As for the Passat, well they have the huge potential to become quite a headache, which is a risk I don't really want to take at this point. Shame really as they are quite a nice car. Maybe I'll buy a new one in a few years.
Oops, sorry mate ... I thought I'd read somewhere you guys were expecting, obviously not! :p Oh well, all the best with the Camry anyway. ;)

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Camry's do great handbrakeys!!

and over 180km/h!!:eek:

My mate beat another friend of mine in his family Hire car businesses camry up against a Mercedes Benz E320... LOL

P platers!! Those were the days:D

Todd

·
MINI2 Lurker
1,145 Posts
Jase, I'm happy that you got the result that you needed, but at the same time sad to see you leave the MINIhood. I sincerely hope that you don't become a stranger around these parts as your insightful and witty comments are always a joy to read. :) :( :) :(

·
Sponsor and Widget
1,736 Posts
Sad to see you parting with the MINI.
I hope that you will be staying close to the group up there...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Boo said:
Sad to see you parting with the MINI.
I hope that you will be staying close to the group up there...
Camry or no Camry, try keeping the big fella from our Thursday night pizzas - it would be nigh on impossible.

I must admit, it is good to see it go to another good home.

Morton's Driving School now has 3 MINIs teaching kids the joys of MINIdom. A Cooper and 2 S's - business is going to skyrocket.

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Jase,
Don't forget to phone up John Laws for your new watch and bottle of Jack Daniels, or what ever it is :D :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
jasemini said:
Well after about 10 weeks my CR/W MCS has finally sold and it is going to a good home. I must say that never before has a car or a car community played such a massive part in my life, thank you to all of you that contributed to that enjoyment :)

:D
The truth be known Jase has bought a Camry so he can hang around high schools at 3pm to perve at 16-year-old girls in school uniforms while looking like a father coming to pick up his children. :D

With a jar of vitamin E cream and an evil smile he awaits the school bell. With all that vitamin E cream he may be 32 but has the youngest looking todger in Brisbane! :eek:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With humor like that of Aussiemini's how could I ever abandon the MINI2 forums? I have made some great mates via my now defunct MINI habit and I intend to maintain those slightly dysfunctional and irreverent friendships for many years to come. I will miss the chilled glove box in the MINI as it used to keep the Sorbolene nice and cool so it gives you that little chill derived shudder. :) :) A tip that Aussiemini put me onto.

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
Ahhhh... This banter brings a tear to my eye, both for the quality, and for the memories of the early days of the Aussie forum :)

·
"No Works for me!"
531 Posts
swamos said:
Ahhhh... This banter brings a tear to my eye, both for the quality, and for the memories of the early days of the Aussie forum :)
Ahhh... the good old days when we all happily bantered on with the bottle of Sorbolene at the ready :D

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
cjay said:
Ahhh... the good old days when we all happily bantered on with the bottle of Sorbolene at the ready :D
A few people got rubbed up the wrong way too :eek: :eek: ;) There were a few softies around though :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may be moving into a car with next to no individuality in the name of financial common sense for a few years, but I always have and always will take pride in my irreverent sense of humor and the manner in which I get people to not only laugh at things the shouldn't but to make them laugh at themselves when they should really be punching me in the chops, perhaps that's why I get on so well with guys like Danny & Rob and why we manage to shock the bejesus out of guys like Steve"awwh, it's not my fault" Swamos and Ken. It's also probably why many of the more conservative types didn't come for Thursday night Pizza's. I still don't know how I got elected President of clubMINI and how I lasted through the positions term? But it was fun and thanks to the guys who helped me and the club through those frustrating but rewarding early days.

Hey the other great thing about the Camry apart from the shopping bag hooks in the boot ! (yes!) is that the armrest storage bin is seriously huge, I could fit one of those bulk pump packs of sorbolene in there no worries at all. Keep me running smooth for days :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
jasemini said:
I always have and always will take pride in my irreverent sense of humor and the manner in which I get people to not only laugh at things the shouldn't but to make them laugh at themselves when they should really be punching me in the chops
...and I was only laughing about this last night when I saw one of our members who previously owned a Cooper but now has an "S".

Nice people like SWAMOS would say to Cooper owners (I was one of them) "Ahhh yehh they're not a bad car, in actual fact they are quite amazing."

Then comes along Jasemini with his "Ahhh they're PUS! Why you driving a girl's car ya poof? If any of you Cooper owners puts an S bonnet on your Cooper I'll smash it with an axe!"

Jasemini has an uncanny ability to shame male Cooper drivers into trading it in on an S just weeks after buying it. But hat's of to Cjay, he remained steadfast... ya big poof!

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
AussieMini said:
Jasemini has an uncanny ability to shame male Cooper drivers into trading it in on an S just weeks after buying it. But hat's of to Cjay, he remained steadfast... ya big poof!
He's not a poof, not that there would be anything wrong with that of course... He just aspires to be a hairdresser that's all :eek: :eek:

·
"No Works for me!"
531 Posts
Right you bunch of S driving poofs... :D I have put the hairdressers car up for sale and I'm going to get an S :D

An S2 Elan that is! now I'll be able to blow what's left of my hair off and blow away most Cooper S's

cjay

PS Does anyone want a slightly used MX 5?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts