MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· I love Lamp
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
These pic floated across my email last week.
With NEWSKL's permission, here they are.

Thanks Luke, hopefully you can elaborate, where these pics are from
Sorry that i have these out of order, but i don't know which ones came first, or if these are multiple runs

· Once lost, now found..
206,741 Posts
MAD!

:D :D

Someone tell Gaz to reopen the calendar for submissions! :D I'd love to see some of them in high-res too! :)

· Boy who made the wolf cry
10,833 Posts
I caught up with luke today - he was telling me about this!!

No LSD... at Calder Park for his mate who is a Speed Photographer - he got a new camera!!

Todd

· Cruising In The Minge
772 Posts
Must admit that does look pretty good, though I doubt his wallet will be feeling as good after. :p

· what was the speed limit?
104 Posts
Hey guys, this was taken last wednesday at calder with Cristian brunelli behind the lens..I have no LSD, the handbrake was used and it was in 2nd gear to really heat the tyres up!!!...There was soooo much smoke that my car still stinks of rubber!!...fun was had by all and im sure you will be seeing more of this kinda track stuff from me... :D :D

· Once lost, now found..
206,741 Posts
new skool said:
Hey guys, this was taken last wednesday at calder with Cristian brunelli behind the lens..I have no LSD, the handbrake was used and it was in 2nd gear to really heat the tyres up!!!...There was soooo much smoke that my car still stinks of rubber!!...fun was had by all and im sure you will be seeing more of this kinda track stuff from me... :D :D
Great stuff :D At the cost of a set of tyres? :p

10,833 Posts
new skool said:
Hey todd, who are all the hot :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad:es in those photos eh?...do they like minis
They are the chicks from the tv show The OC... just a bit of a personal joke with a few of the crew around here;)

Todd

· MINI Traitor
5,132 Posts
new skool said:
Definately good work :) Do you think you should obscure your plates??

I gather that is the Cristian Brunelli of Wheels fame?? You have a pretty famous mate :)

10,833 Posts
Yo guys, it was at Calder Park... hence the lack of number plate coverage.

I dont think Luke really cares too much:p

Yes, Christian is of Wheels, Motor and Speed fame. He is a great photographer and not a bad bloke:D

Todd

104 Posts
Swamos, i didnt feel there was any need to cover my plates as it was at calder park and its 100% legal at a private race track in controlled enviroment...Yeah cristian is from motor and speed and is a very good friend of mine, we met when he did the photo shoot of my pulsar gti-r in issue 9 of speed, and we have been friends ever since...Yep its hard having a good buddy with the right connections..Just last weekend we did the Evo8 vs 05 Sti photo shoot and i get to drive cool cars!!!...

The burnout thing was just a little fun, we were there to just use hes new camera and i got to do some laps of calder park and he then said do a burnout for the hell of it!!...The photos are actually going to be used in a magazine in a " HOW TO DO A BURNOUT IN A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE " shoot...

But yeah thats one way to wear out them crappy run flats eh?

LUKE

104 Posts
Actually on the topic of cristian brunelli, he and i do regular drive days hence me no longer doing MINI drive days...Im organizing one soon and would be happy for some of the victorian guys to tag along with some pretty hot and fast cars, Now these drive days arnt for the soft boys!! You will get stone chips, cracked windscreens and be passed at 200kph...If this sounds like its up your alley email myself or todd ( red & black s ) Todd came on our last one and had a great time so im sure he or i will let u know when we will go again...Cristian is toying with the idea of a late night one thru the hills..

LUKE

· almost 59k
5,115 Posts
in the UK we have a car mag called MAX Power. i can recall Jeremy Clarkson of "TOP GEAR" TV show fame went to a MAX Power live event. Its quite usual to see burnout comps at these type events.

The guy who won the comp was using a some crappy rear wheel drive ford. for his finale he fills his tires with petrol which explode and has a 20ft tower of fireworks from the roof of his car... madness but yes entertaining....;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.