MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO NO NO STUPID STUPID STUPID TOYOTA SUPRA WITH A BMW ENGINE AND AUTO GEARBOX,, THE 2JZ ENGINES ARE STILL SO MUCH BETTER, ruined ruined ruined,
link below
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/2020-toyota-supra-finally-debuts-144900181.html

hopefully for japans own market they might see sense and 5 years time can buy grey imported cars with proper jap engineering,, b58 engines are weak stupid timing chain at rear of engine again and revs past 7000 revs ho wonder what will happen,, link below anyone seeing a pattern yet
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/b58.html

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka4Vo_ZvUaM

I like it, more power and more torque with lower emission than the older models.

But I wonder how much the engine can be pushed compared to the older model 600/700bhp without major engine work?
i love the look of the car etc totally up my street looks old school with new looks,, but and its a big but they will put a high reving 6 pot that once again has a bike chain for a timing chain and mounted on the rear of the engine. which already has stories of problems.. they are missing the point people bought them i had two over the years one single turbo and 1 uk spec twin turbo when i was younger done loads of track days in them and beat the hell of them most scary thing around back then and still right up there today,, it was all about that bullet proof fairly silly power that just went on and on, that toyota 2yz straight six from factory work handle so much more power ie NOS single kit use carefully with a exhaust mod,, the twin turbo was the nearest 4 wheeled thing compered to my fireblabe, down side both done big damage to my driving license got to 12 points and had to plead to keep it to keep my job was the last straw, and the start of only buying diesels from there on it lol.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i love the look of the car etc totally up my street looks old school with new looks,, but and its a big but they will put a high reving 6 pot that once again has a bike chain for a timing chain and mounted on the rear of the engine. which already has stories of problems.. they are missing the point people bought them i had two over the years one single turbo and 1 uk spec twin turbo when i was younger done loads of track days in them and beat the hell of them most scary thing around back then and still right up there today,, it was all about that bullet proof fairly silly power that just went on and on, that toyota 2yz straight six from factory work handle so much more power ie NOS single kit use carefully with a exhaust mod,, the twin turbo was the nearest 4 wheeled thing compered to my fireblabe, down side both done big damage to my driving license got to 12 points and had to plead to keep it to keep my job was the last straw, and the start of only buying diesels from there on it lol.
:crying: 0:) :laugh: ::wink::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts