MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets stop talking about the NWMC for a while, lets see what the MINI2 chaps come up with first. And anyway its getting a bit serious now.

So come on then shall we have another meet at Trafford, perhaps in the carpark across the road, thus not feeling the wrath of the Trafford Cops. hehehehe.

When and what time coming soon.

Mark (MINI) that is!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
MiniMark

I quite agree with the NWMC comment, comments were getting a bit out of hand and making me feel less inclined to get involved in anything "Mini club like".

Another meet would be good, promise I'll do my very best to get there this time!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Just a thought Mark, but at the 1st Trafford Centre meet last year I asked the security guys if it would be possible to park our MINI's alongside the water feature/fountain thing near to the Orient entrance. It would make a great photo-opportunity and they seemed to think that providing someone had cleared it with the Trafford Centre Manager 1st, they'd be happy to oblige!

It would make good publicity for them and no doubt draw people towards the centre to get a good look..:)

I reckon a quick e-mail via the Trafford centre web-site would do it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Trafford Centre Again?

Just a thought here :D

I know some of you have only been to one NW MINI Meet at the Trafford Centre, but some of us have been to four now and were just wondering what people thought about having another venue?!?!?!? :)

The Trafford Centre is centrally located, easy to find and has plenty of parking, but maybe it would be nice to have a change of scenery? Anyone got any ideas for any alternative venues? :D

Dodgeress xx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dogger

I had a chat with security at the Trafford Centre last nite and i will have to get back in touch. It is a good idea though and it makes for easy parking aswell. :D:D:D:D

Dodger, we could always meet at The Reebok centre at Bolton, but the Trafford is bigger! ohhhh not that that matter's hehehehe

Mark :D:D:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Trafford

Yeah trafford
would be well kewl
just think of the pics you could get maybe ask mini if they want to put any there like a promo campaign

see you all at staffs on saturday

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
The Reebok sounds like a good venue to me... Lots of places to eat (and drink, soft drinks of course :) ) ten pin bowling if we really wanted to make a night of it and only a mile away from the fantastic roads of Rivington. It's not that much further away than Trafford Centre, in fact it's closer for some ;)I would miss the Express Bar and Grill though :) :) :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhhh Rivington

The fun to be had there on them roads. Better on a nice sunny sunday i think.

Who's up for bowling at reebok then?

?????

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mark

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Just a thought but i'm pretty sure you can bowl at the trafford centre and that way we could still to the Express bar and grill or whatever it was called. Anyway wherever the next meet is i'm 99% sure i'll be there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmmmmmm

There is bowling at Trafford but it is a bit pi** poor. We all like the American Diner type thing, but a change is as good as a rest. There are about eight different places to eat at reebok including a chinese.

So come on boys and girls, a change is as good as a rest.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
How about...

Meet at the Reebok on one of the nice big car parks. MINI convoy through the lovely twisties of Rivington (they're better in the dark anyway)down through Belmont and then to the Wilton Arms for some grub (Brewers Fayre type thing, so something for everyone) then back through the twisties later on with a bit more room between us once we know the roads ;) ?

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
If the bowling is crap at the trafford centre then definitely give it a miss. Your right though MINIMARK a change is as good as rest. I'm going to sound really stupid here but where is the reebok? How far away from the trafford centre is it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seeing as I'm the late poster round here I'll answer that one. The Reebok Centre is in Bolton. Not that it matters but I'm game for whatever venue you pick, as most people are probably more interested in meeting up rather than where it is. If it's of any consequence my cousin works in some level of management at the Trafford Centre so I could always ask her to look into the display. Just a thought. On another note, though yet again I'm sure nobody cares, I now have my Cooper! Is it natural to not be able to get out it?! My legs suddenly go numb at the thought of having to leave it alone.

Mitch

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its quite normal!

Dont worry about that mitchy. Reebok is only about 15 mins freestyle up the motorway, and theres a big carpark that isnt used!! aaahhhhhhh. And u all know what that means, :D:D:D:D

Lets set a date then!

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cmt

Is it not the walton arms, its ages since ive been up there.

Date:

How about the 1st Feb
Meeting At Reebok @ 6pm
on the large carpark on the right as you head down to the retali park.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

im sure applejack can find a map :p

:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I'm in anyhow!!

Just a quick question, but were we planning on going bowling? I'm a bit of a regular bowler and have marked down a 6 hour practice just before this meet you see.... Never mind. Just wondering because then I'll swap some things around. Oh yeah, just forgot, I'm in for the Friday 1st.
Bring it on!!

Mitch.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts