MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

im a recent convert to the mini (about 2nd gear into my test drive i think) and thought i should say hi to the community out there. looks like a lot of folks are passionate about their mini's here, its great to see!

myself, im looking at buying a cooper S chili and as the title says, am suffering trying to decide all the colour options. i must have looked at a thousand photos by now.

the colour artists have done an awesome job; honeslty, i dont think any of the colour look "bad" as such. which in a way is a shame, because it wouldbe nice to be able to cross a couple off the list if you know what i mean ;)

anyways, at the moment im torn between the pepper white with black stripes and the dark silver with the same. just had a couple of questions for folks out there: firslty, do the colours on mini's retain their lustre for a while? the white might not look so great if it goes dull after only a couple of years; secondly, woudl a dark grey and piano black interior with chrome lining be too boring, or would it look refined?; and thirdly...what the hell is anthracite?

anyways, any help greatly appreciated.

San

·
Registered
63 Posts
The anthracite headlining replaces the normal grey for black. 'Essential with the tuscan interior,' to paraphrase my dealer (whom I have now visited 3 times and still can't decide a spec... option paralysis!).

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi and welcome to a fab car! I converted myself from my beloved Bmw Z3 2,8 what a car that was could not let her go :) Longest car in my pocession almost 6 years! I know am a proud owner of a dark-silver MINI in my opinion the best colour! We have had some great sunshining day here in england and I noticed the colour even more today it glimmers with different colours..almost like pearl. I would recommend this colour for your sunny days in Oz!! Deano

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
If you really can't decide I would recommend the Dark Silver. Generally there is a feeling in various forums that solid colours still give more problems than metallics. The arguments tend to be rather anecdotal so if I preferred a solid colour like Pepper White I'd still go for it. I prefer light coloured interiors (too many VW coal mine cabins out there) so I am not a good person to give opinions on Piano Black.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the pepper white but prefer the dark silver ;)

Not so fond of the black stripes though, think they suit the pepper white better than the dark silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks so much for gettign back to me folks. this has to be the most friendly forum on the net. :smile:

Took my partner out to the dealership yesterday..thought i would get her opinion. it was:

"oh, they are ALL so pretty".

so not much help there!

i am leaning towards the dark silver though, it was sunny here yesterday (as it is most days) and it did have a nice shine to it (thansk Deano).

as for the racing stripes...well...i agree..they look AWESOME on the pepper white. for the first time i found myself looking at the brushed alloy as an interior finish. i had been reading here and apparenlty this finish performs pretty well...

but for the nest big descision...chrome hood intake or not.....

San

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
I can't understand the allure of pepper white, on most other cars white is the kiss of death when resale time comes, anyone care to enlighten me as to why it is different with the Mini?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts