MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread for expressions of interest, registration and topic matters only.
If you wish to contribute to the banter, click here...

A significant minority of M2 members have expressed at least a mild interest in driving to the Arctic Circle, and I have been volunteered to organise it.

This jaunt to the midnight sun will not be cheap, the cost of living in Norway will have you choking on your beer, which is why the run is scheduled for midsummer 2007, giving you sufficient time to save.

The ferry crossing will cost in the region of £550 and hotel rooms about £65 for a couple per night. Dining out is expensive, just dont forget your Gold Card.

Please read the attached file - 'Welcome to Norway', which I hope will whet your appetite for 'The Drive of Your Life'.

Runners & Riders.
Definite:

01. Harpo
02. Paulus Maximus
03. Rick
04. tomcoops

Maybe:

01. Matt18
02. tomcoops
03. carlos2
04. dalboyne

Attachments

·
*Merry Prankster*
20,778 Posts
Harpo,

registering an interest. May not do it in the MiNI, but I might take the Landy, which some may find contentious, BUT:

1. Its got a 3.0 V6 atm, and probably a 3.9 V8 by then, which will have had some *intensive* testing, so it'll keep up with the pack.

2. Its a Landy and has got room for *things*, like spare tyres in the back, and on the roof, and all the bits that you think you'll not need on an expedition like this.

If anyone has a problem shout up now.......... :D

·
can i go home yet
2,568 Posts
supposed to be in norway on another holiday in 2007 - help my life is being organized years in advance :) :)

·
tomcoops
134 Posts
Has anyone managed to start saving for this adventure yet? I keep getting other holiday offers to spend my cash on.Will have to start putting money away soon.

·
*Merry Prankster*
20,778 Posts
tomcoops said:
I suppose a support vehicle in the guise of a landy is not a bad idea - how many spare tyres can you carry?
Many :D

probably swapping for a Range Rover though soon, for a bit more civility :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wow what an adventure! Could you put me down as a maybe? Will DEFINATELY come if I have a MINI, but I may be between the old MCS and the new MCS then. Deliveries are going to take far too long!

Paul

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Luxembourg Calling!?

Hello folks!

We have some very good Norwegian friends who are this week moving back to near Oslo, after 4 years here in Luxembourg (they also come from further north, near the Arctic Circle). So we have an invitation to vosot them, and what could be more fun than combining with a MINI adventure?

A bit too early for me to be able to confirm, but at least please consider me as a potential runner - who would link up somewhere in Norway...

Cheers!

Ian

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Guys and gals.

Just think about wether or not to do this.

I went on a expedition in 2000 to the lofoten islands in Norway and took the scenic route up and to the arctic circle.

Was one of the best experiences of my life, is so so so SO beautifull, i can not emphasise enough how gorgeous it is up there. Cost in Norway is stupidly high yes, but i do recomend camping if you want to save cash the climate isn't too bad, the camp sites are either free (government funded) or very reasonable.

I have attached some photos for people to have a peak at the ferry views, trip up views and the arctic circle.

I must add the ferry is fun 24hr's, good bar (or there was) and at night as you go across the north sea all you can see is the flames of the oil rigs, amazing!!

Any questions i can help with don't hesitate to PM me, enjoy the pics and i will think about coming cause i so wanna go back! :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Harpo

Yep i live in sunny sunny swindon :confused:

Here are more photo's of norway:

One of my favourties as this was litterally at the side of a road heading north!

From left to right: View from road at same location as above, Pic of Glacier at side of road, Waterfall heading into bergen

:)

Ps Sorry for the white edging, no digi cameras when i went so they're all scanned in

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
16 Participants
minisoopercooper
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing