MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been wondering what MINI2ers find most attractive about the MINI ?

Personally I reckon the frontal aspect to have the best and most distinctive features.

Followed closely by the excellent full side-on view.

The interior leaves me with mixed feelings, a bit fussy and too much bright-work for my liking, but ultimately I fear it will date quite quickly.

As to the MINI`s rear, I`m afraid I now find myself constantly trying to fathom out why I don`t actually like it very much. It`s probably not got enough character, as though the designers were at a bit of a loss as to how to finish all their fine bodywork off?

But take no notice of me here because I`m also really, really taken by the look, quality and feel of the Type-R too!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Jakx said:
I`ve been wondering what MINI2ers find most attractive about the MINI ?

Personally I reckon the frontal aspect to have the best and most distinctive features.

Followed closely by the excellent full side-on view.

The interior leaves me with mixed feelings, a bit fussy and too much bright-work for my liking, but ultimately I fear it will date quite quickly.

As to the MINI`s rear, I`m afraid I now find myself constantly trying to fathom out why I don`t actually like it very much. It`s probably not got enough character, as though the designers were at a bit of a loss as to how to finish all their fine bodywork off?

But take no notice of me here because I`m also really, really taken by the look, quality and feel of the Type-R too!
MINI - Chalk.
Honda Civic Type-R - Cheese.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Re: . . . . the back-end of a MINI

Basil said:

MINI - Chalk.
Honda Civic Type-R - Cheese.
...Road - Blackboard:D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Jakx said:
You like sporty mini-MPV's then? :D :D ;)

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
Jakx said:

TYPER2 - The number one unofficial Honda Civic Type R site

:)

On a serious note, I'm a fan of the rear light clusters, especially the clear ones. I think they're nice and futuristic, yet still mimicking the Classic's rear lights.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too = also

Some of you guy`s (and gal`s) are very blinkered when it comes to other motors, eh !

I also really, really, like the new Merc SL TOO ! ! !

Is that better ?

It`s seems that not too many here are prepared find any area of the MINI`s that they don`t actually love to bits ?

As for clear rear light clusters - they don`t help the back-end one bit !

Blasphemy - or what ?

PS. If I needed a car to fit a couple of kids older than 8yrs - then yes, I`d choose the so called mini MPV anytime.

Especially when it`s a Type-R power machine.

Sorry.

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
Re: too = also

Jakx said:
Some of you guy`s (and gal`s) are very blinkered when it comes to other motors.
Not really :confused: Would it make sense to visit a MINI website to talk about the cars, and own a MINI if we preferred and wanted to talk about Honda's "thing"?
As for clear rear light clusters - they don`t help the back-end one bit !
Look great on mine (and other people's) MINI(s). Perhaps you should get a Civic and slap some on?
Especially when it`s a Type-R power machine.
So do you work for Honda or what?

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
IMHO I think looking at the car front on is plain ugly much much better from the side and I love the rear.

I have to say though the interior is like a breath of fresh air really good to look at IMO.

The one thing I dont like in this weather is those pesky white alloy wheels there such a burdon on Anne having to go and clean them every 3 days or so.:D :D :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Mini wins hands down when it comes to looks over the Civic, but I still think as a package it is worth a look. R1 obviously agrees;)

Anyhow enough of the Honda it is getting boring, what do we all think of this beast. I think for an off-roader it looks the business :)

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Jakx said:
Personally I reckon the frontal aspect to have the best and most distinctive features.Followed closely by the excellent full side-on view.

As to the MINI`s rear, I`m afraid I now find myself constantly trying to fathom out why I don`t actually like it very much.
IMO front/front quarter is definitely best but the car also looks stunning from above (I keep looking at it out of upstairs windows). Also the area around the front arches where the bonnet shut lines are is fantastic - even with the bonnet up!!

Even though as a whole I love the car, I'm afraid I agree that there is something not quite right about it's rear. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's bum looks big (probably due to the wide track). I think it looks better without the chrome strip on the rear bumper (this emphasises the width too much).

It also looks a bit "hippy" round the rear - sort of love handles I guess (reminds me a bit of the mid-engined Renault 5 from the '80's).

I disagree about the interior though - it's so much better than the dull dashboards on offer elsewhere. Worthy of a car costing 3 times the price and a major reason for me buying a MINI.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: too = also

JonBlakeburn said:

So do you work for Honda or what?
No, you`d be surprised, but quite obviously there are no other cars out there that are worth a light.

So let`s only ever concentrate on the MINI and absolutely nothing else on MINI2.

Apart from highlighting all the quality problems of course - which I don`t think I have ever done.

I do however fully support the owners who have and are experiencing faults with their purchases.

I mentioned the Type-R to emphasize the point that I like both for different reasons - and why else would I have been here all this time anyway if I didn`t truly have a soft spot for the MINI?

Contrary to what you obviously think Jon, I`m not knocking the MINI but if I had a Civic Type-R I wouldn`t dream of fitting clear rear light clusters because like you I have freedom of choice.

This post was intended to invite discussion about the styling, character and desirability of the MINI in a constructive way.

Not destructive.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
the Civic type R is only available in 3 colours, red, black & silver here in the UK :)

·
Indecisive MINI Owner
473 Posts
Re: Re: Re: too = also

Jakx said:
No, you`d be surprised, but quite obviously there are no other cars out there that are worth a light.

So let`s only ever concentrate on the MINI and absolutely nothing else on MINI2.

Apart from highlighting all the quality problems of course - which I don`t think I have ever done.

I do however fully support the owners who have and are experiencing faults with their purchases.

I mentioned the Type-R to emphasize the point that I like both for different reasons - and why else would I have been here all this time anyway if I didn`t truly have a soft spot for the MINI?

Contrary to what you obviously think Jon, I`m not knocking the MINI but if I had a Civic Type-R I wouldn`t dream of fitting clear rear light clusters because like you I have freedom of choice.

This post was intended to invite discussion about the styling, character and desirability of the MINI in a constructive way.

Not destructive.
I'm not trying to fall out with you.

Just a little friction every now and again amakes things interesting! :)

No hard feelings :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kind of special & exclusive then . . .

smiffy said:
the Civic type R is only available in 3 colours, red, black & silver here in the UK :)
Do you happen to work for Honda or maybe even the advertising agency ?

Only joking !

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LMB said:
Mini wins hands down when it comes to looks over the Civic, but I still think as a package it is worth a look. R1 obviously agrees;)

Anyhow enough of the Honda it is getting boring, what do we all think of this beast. I think for an off-roader it looks the business :)
Now I do like the shape of that......it's even more attractive than my Forester GT....and thats saying something.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
In a Type-R

smiffy said:
...You get to pretend either:
a) You are Postman Pat
b) You are a Funeral Director 'on a job'
c) You are inside a filing cabinet

·
Registered
26 Posts
dinger said:
IMHO I think looking at the car front on is plain ugly much much better from the side and I love the rear.
Yeah, I tend to be an ass man myself ;)

Skip

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
LMB said:
........what do we all think of this beast. I think for an off-roader it looks the business :)
Did you know that this 'beast' has the same engine as the Cooper S (that is NOT A JOKE).:p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts