MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve been wondering what MINI2ers find most attractive about the MINI ?

Personally I reckon the frontal aspect to have the best and most distinctive features.

Followed closely by the excellent full side-on view.

The interior leaves me with mixed feelings, a bit fussy and too much bright-work for my liking, but ultimately I fear it will date quite quickly.

As to the MINI`s rear, I`m afraid I now find myself constantly trying to fathom out why I don`t actually like it very much. It`s probably not got enough character, as though the designers were at a bit of a loss as to how to finish all their fine bodywork off?

But take no notice of me here because I`m also really, really taken by the look, quality and feel of the Type-R too!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too = also

Some of you guy`s (and gal`s) are very blinkered when it comes to other motors, eh !

I also really, really, like the new Merc SL TOO ! ! !

Is that better ?

It`s seems that not too many here are prepared find any area of the MINI`s that they don`t actually love to bits ?

As for clear rear light clusters - they don`t help the back-end one bit !

Blasphemy - or what ?

PS. If I needed a car to fit a couple of kids older than 8yrs - then yes, I`d choose the so called mini MPV anytime.

Especially when it`s a Type-R power machine.

Sorry.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: too = also

JonBlakeburn said:

So do you work for Honda or what?
No, you`d be surprised, but quite obviously there are no other cars out there that are worth a light.

So let`s only ever concentrate on the MINI and absolutely nothing else on MINI2.

Apart from highlighting all the quality problems of course - which I don`t think I have ever done.

I do however fully support the owners who have and are experiencing faults with their purchases.

I mentioned the Type-R to emphasize the point that I like both for different reasons - and why else would I have been here all this time anyway if I didn`t truly have a soft spot for the MINI?

Contrary to what you obviously think Jon, I`m not knocking the MINI but if I had a Civic Type-R I wouldn`t dream of fitting clear rear light clusters because like you I have freedom of choice.

This post was intended to invite discussion about the styling, character and desirability of the MINI in a constructive way.

Not destructive.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
laughing . . .

smiffy said:

Ohh forgot to say:

If you buy a Honda Civic the FLAT CAP is available at extra cost:D :D :D :D
See, there you go again?

Do you mean Civic Type-R?

No offence (from me) smiffy, but your flag (also only available in three colours) leads me to believe that flat caps might be de rigueur where you come from.

Or am I thinking "bobble" hats and anoraks?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.