MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
A ton of thankyous but especially to all our event sponsors, Wollaston MINI, NewMINIStuff and Woodmans MINI, and to all those who donated items for auction and raffle too.

But the biggest goes to all of you who attended and dug deep in the pockets to help us raise so much money. Without your generosity it wouldnt happen, and without you all coming along it wouldnt happen.

I was chatting with Annette (NoNo ) while she clung to her seat during the run :D and we were saying how amazing it is that a little car has created such communities as ours - there she was, flying over from the US to join a group of people who she'd never met for a night out !!

The people are what make this event great :) Thankyou all :)

·
Silly Moo !
12,442 Posts
Great Evening Bob, everyone !

You are a great lot of people :cool: so nice and so friendly :)

Looking forward to next year .... I'd better start saving now :eek:

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
And I guess we really ought to say a big thankyou to Jordan for being the first lot in the auction - Jon winning you for £60 was a bargain :D You were a good sport - thanks ;)

and we do have Anand lined up for next year to be your domestic maid for hte day -we've got an apron for him :D

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
A quick namecheck for some of the others who helped out too:

Abi - Pauls other half
Gary - Jackie's (Minnie Mouse's) other half.
Sharon (my other half)
Jackie (Bob's other half for putting up with him throughout :p)

Thanks to the Marriott for an impressive room layout - the food was pretty good too.
Thanks also to the people who gave prizes for the auction and raffle (individuals as well as corporate) right up till the last moment - sorry we may not have been able to accommodate everyone. There is still a good possibility of us being able to generate a largish lump-sum from one donation which is to be advised later. Big thanks to the auction bidders.

Above all thanks to everyone who attended and made it our best and most fun Ball to date. Good on the latecomers who joined in at the last moment - you would've regretted not coming! :p

Oh - thanks also to Jon Morgan for the pizza's at 4.00am :p

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
I am so happy that everyone had a good time and we raised so much money!

It was so nice to see Mini2 members from the other side of the Atlantic who took the time to come visit us and join in with the Ball and fundraising. Thanks also to those members who come to visit us from the other side of the Irish sea....I do hope they are not on a ferry crossing back home today after the mess one or two were in this morning. That Irish sea gets a teeny weeny bit choppy or so I hear! :crazy7cz:

Well done Sham for thanking our long suffering better halves.....haven't they put up with us well this last year! :p

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
What Hat said.

I think the hotel has been overlooked a bit in the thank-you threads.

I thought it was excellent (for a chain hotel)

Staff were attentive, friendly and efficient
The food was superb (I even had a personal delivery of two poached eggs this morning)
The hotel provided everything we could have wanted, and I thought the attention to detail (such as 'gift wrapped' cutlery at breaklfast and provision of ironing boards) set it above other chains.
My room was spacious, clean and well equipped.

All we neeed next year is:
A cooler environment - my room thermo was set at 24 degrees C
A sectioned off part of the car park
And cheaper drinks.

So (very nearly) top marks for tha Marriott.

·
Total MINI dot com!!
50,323 Posts
I have to say a big thank you first of all to everyone that came and made it such a great night, without you guys coming along and giving so generously it wouldn't happen.

Then a big thanks to Bob and all the others on the team that puts this together, amazing how it all comes together after the year of planning to make it happen:)

The hotel staff really were great, the facilities were also great too.

Oh and one last thank you has to go to Wollastons, I didn't do the run, but did think I'd pop along and join in on the bbq, some how ended up helping by serving and preparing the buns and stuff, but it was great seeing how accomodating they are, how they really are MINI fans as well as much as us. They really did take care of us all and pushed the boat out, I can see why they are so highly rated on here now:)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks to Bob and Co for organising another great charity ball. It was great to put faces to lots of names and to catch up with friends old and new.

Looking forward to next year

Andy and Heather

·
14,810 Posts
A
Oh - thanks also to Jon Morgan for the pizza's at 4.00am :p
:D

Big thanks to the guys and girls running the show.. another top effort by you which will be remembered for a long time to come..

Thanks to BP for the use of your bed :p but next time try not to stop breathing mid way through the night!!

Thanks to the hotel for supplying the yellow pages to order the pizza :D

I'm not thanking the pizza bloke tho it took him ages :p

Thanks to the folk who jumped on a plane to come over as a great time was had with you all...

cheers folks..

·
Registered
80 Posts
A huge thanks to everyone who organised the ball so brilliantly, on table 1 we had a wonderful time and hope to come as a club again next year!

The food was excellent and overall it was a very good hotel. Although I would suggest anyone who is given Room 216 next year turns it down...it is over a generator which hums for the whole night....but as the whole night wasnt very long we stuck it out and got a reduction in price instead!!

Thank you also to all the regular mini2ers who made us feel so welcome and whom we get to know better on each occasion we meet up.

Jayne (MINI E's Mum and Hickster's future mother-in-law!!!!!)

·
Feelin the force
677 Posts
Can't really add anymore to whats already been said so just a big thank you to all those that made this happen, it really was a quality night/

oh and thanks to the two Jon's and the 'boy' for their company at breakfast:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
25 Participants
mad brummie
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing