MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the new mini lacks the quality look of the older shape new mini.

I've seen some pics and I'm not impressed i'll be sticking with my 06 plate version thank you very much

·
Marmy
142 Posts
I've noticed this kind of comment a lot from 06 owners, I can't help but think that for some of you it is because you bought an old model just before a new one is coming out.

·
Mad fer it
1,030 Posts
Personally i prefer the look of the r56. The design is a lot more fluid, the gaps between the bonnet and the bumper are the same size gaps as the ones around the headlights, the scoop, the grille etc. So i think the lines look a lot more controlled and flows better together. As much as i like my current one the bumper sometimes looks like it was not meant to be attached to the bonnet, the line doesnt match up.
R56 imo is more artistic in design:nice:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really like the new model as well.

I saw it at the Paris Motorshow, and it looks great!

There are things about the current model that I prefer, and would love to be able to have some kind of hybrid of the 2 models.

I'm sure it's still going to be a great car to drive and a proper head-turner on the roads.

Perhaps you should wait until you see one close up before you judge.

·
Javelin Sam
212 Posts
I am (on other forums) a big supporter of the older versions of the mini compared to the disaster of the new one.

FOR A START.. why create weak points in the bonnet by cutting two great big holes in it so that the lights can be left in the body work...why did they do that.. IDIOTS

the intetrior is a mistake.. you can now no longer have your own CD player installed and the new dial is horrid

Rear bumper is ugly on the S

Side vents look like a plastic stick on bought from halfords

front bumper is starting to look more and more like a BMW M3 without the down column in the front grille

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think the new S is much better than the cooper but there is still something about the older that is just right!

And as it has been around a little while the older is surely more refined and all bugs are sorted?!

·
Overboosting.....
3,392 Posts
FOR A START.. why create weak points in the bonnet by cutting two great big holes in it so that the lights can be left in the body work...why did they do that.. IDIOTS
Apparently its because although it looks very cool with the headlights going up on the bonnet its very expensive to produce. Also when you slam your bonnet down it was mis-aligning headlights all the time, meaning dealers were re-aligning headlights a lot.

·
Registered
183 Posts
forgetting the look for a min, what about the engine?

No super charger whine??!!

And what options will there be for stereo as there is no space to do aftermarket?

Maybe mikey will have someting in development?

·
pink miniac
133 Posts
forgetting the look for a min, what about the engine?

No super charger whine??!!

And what options will there be for stereo as there is no space to do aftermarket?

Maybe mikey will have someting in development?
Ditto.

I ran out and got my 06 so I could have the supercharger and the option to upgrade to the flip up screen-type of nav/deck... The 06's IMHO are the best year of the MINIs because they perfected a lot of the earlier problems and it's not all changed like the 07s.

I'm verrrry interested as to what the sales numbers reported in mid-late 07 will be...!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
ALot of people will not see a change to the MINI therefore I'm sure the benefits will outweigh the negitives us MINI fanatics are seeing. My Dad wants one and has no problem buying the new model. Actually hes waiting to see the new model as he'd rather have the newist version than a out of date version from brand new. You must be very confused if you think this change will effect the massive selling power of the MINI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just got back from my local dealer - Ryedale in Newport. ( Thinking of changing but have decided to wait until at least early 2007 ) The new car is going to be more expensive - and of course, the One and Diesels are not coming until later on. I think I will reserve judgement until I have seen the new model in the flesh - I liked the current model from day 1 - the new model isn't exactly a major departure is it ? Non Mini types probably won't even notice the change, I reckon. One thing I will be interested in, is how long it will take the tuning companies to come up with a chip to increase the boost on the S, now it is a turbo rather than a blower. Hmm.

·
Registered
183 Posts
what about jcw for it too?

I have been asked if id like to test drive it in mid november so i think ill go and have a go anyway.

Ill make my decission then i think.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im 50/50 on it really, the interior is a big improvement but the exterior doesnt quite look right. Removing the superercharger on the new 'S' swayed me to keep mine for the time being.

Incidentally Id never buy a new model of any description until its been tested on the road by real people for 6 months

1 - 20 of 584 Posts