MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my train at work this morning and as I was sat at a station another train went past the other way with a stonking great big Mini badge on the side! I thought at first it was hallucination caused by getting up at 3.30 am but I saw it again later in the day and it did indeed sport a huge BMW logo and the Mini 2 wings. I looked on a trainspotter website (blimey they're scary, I'm a driver - I'm supposed to know more than them!) and here it is - guess I'll be carrying a screwdriver around from now on in case they leave it in my depot sidings one night... :D

Attachments

·
Astro
295 Posts
Hey cool train,

BUT Bianchiboy ive never seen such a cool mini as yours man i love that pepper white colour, and the inside looks just great

also liking the ICE in the car

wicked car...

·
Jay
737 Posts
OMG I wanna be a train driver!!!!!!!! Or a bus driver... BUT NOW THAT THE GOVERNMENTS GETTING RID OF THE ROUTEMASTER BUSES I DONT THINK THERES MUCH POINT. Sorry bout that, dunno what came over me. A Minitrain... hmmm, lovely!! I think ill stick with the car version. Like L13 Cooper said... your cars GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
MiniCooper said:
OMG I wanna be a train driver!!!!!!!! Or a bus driver... BUT NOW THAT THE GOVERNMENTS GETTING RID OF THE ROUTEMASTER BUSES I DONT THINK THERES MUCH POINT. Sorry bout that, dunno what came over me. A Minitrain... hmmm, lovely!! I think ill stick with the car version. Like L13 Cooper said... your cars GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
They are selling off the Routemaster buses to the public. I think a very nice example starts at about £6k. How good would that be - owning a MINI and a Red bus?

·
Diesel Powered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments about my Mini, I love it too! Driving trains is actually pretty good fun, better than working for a living anyway! It's nice when you're alongside a road and see all these reps in cars hogging the outside lane and remembering (as you're hammering past them) that not only am I doing twice their speed, the company vehicle I've been given is worth about £5 million more than theirs. Have some of that, Vectra boy :p

·
Jay
737 Posts
Im going to a Mini show soon at Hop Farm in Kent... and guess what.... last year when I went they were still using them horrible slam door trains :( I hope theyve got rid of them this year

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
no we're so lucky in Kent to still have the crappy slam door 40 year old trains made out of wood. New ones turn up every now and then, but are not in full service yet :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
snuffy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing