MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys here are the first ever pics of the brand new GTT Aerobox Strutbrace, the crossbar is CNC milled from a single billet of alloy.:eek:
Full Spec to follow .
Best Regards Roland GT Tuning:smile:
PS SEE POST No. 115 FOR PICS OF SATIN BLACK VERSION

Attachments

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Just what does a strut brace do?
The clue is in the name. Braces (in this case) the front suspension struts and stops them from flexing. This makes the front end more rigid during cornering.

You'd be surprised how much the chassis of a car can twist and flex while driving.

Definitely very sexual Roland. Prices?

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Here are some pics on the car:smile:
Regards Roland GT Tuning:smile:
-SEE POST No. 115 FOR PICS OF BLACK VERSION.

Attachments

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... and 1 more pic on car. Note machined scollop to achieve good access to oil filler cap. Even at the narrowest point is still 70mm deep (solid alloy).

FINISH This product is the the first to use a new finish we call 'Pearl Patina'. The 'pearl' because it changes colour & shade as you move it in the light. The 'patina' as the swirls are similar to to the Alloy Patina option for the Mini dashboard, although the GTT swirls are a little smaller (better I think) and on Alloy not plastic. All the finishing is done by hand We did 3 finishes including Mirror polish, Satin & Pearl Patina. Everybody said the Pearl Patina looked best................ so Pearl it is.

Attachments

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
me me me i dont care what you do to my battery box i whant this on my cooper !!!!! :D

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
..... price to be confirmed tommorow. We have told 2 people , who have seen it (mini customers) the price, they were both pleasently suprised &expected it to be a lot more. I think we can keep to this figure:smile: . Theres alot of tooling,(milling jigs, fabrication jigs, press tools...) programming and general development time put into this over the last 8 months, but I think (hope) this will be a very popular product with the high volume sales necessary to recoup these costs. -Price is not just my decision ,hence why I cant confirm until tommorow .

Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

1 - 20 of 250 Posts