MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! My '05 MCS was delivered!

Current Odometer Reading - 205 (1045 miles to go)

Car's Appearance
This yellow is bright! It stands out like a sore thumb! I love it! MINIs truly have to be one of the best looking cars on the road! Esp in a generation where manufacturers copy each other to remain competitive. The car is hefty also! You get that sense of some weight behind the car and that it is sturdy! Which is nice! Expected a little car that you toss around!

Steering
The steering is right on! I have actually been able to take a corner with the inside front tire coming up a bit. There is nothing involved with lane changes, simply a beautiful thing.

Brakes
The brakes on the MCS are interesting. I come from cross drilled rotors and steel brake lines which is a lot different from the MCS. They "feel" (subjective) a little spongy, let the grab and slow the MINI down without effort. Can't decide if this is going to be something that sticks around of something that will leave with time.

Handling
The car handles beautifully! Whether it be changing lanes, making a 90-degree turn, or bends in the highway, it is very predictable! Not a lot of body roll which is nice. You can toss it around and it appears that the car wants more! If not taunting you to continue! Very interesting....

Interior
I love the anthracite interior. Very nice looking! Also, while driving, it is neat to see that you cannot see the body color of your MINI, unless you sit up more or really look for it! All I saw was a black interior, after looking around, you might see some yellow on the bonnet.

Stereo
Quite impressed! The HK system is enough for me! It sounds as good, if not better, to the days when I was into stereo systems! The treble, the bass, all mix well! There is a lot of air moving around in the cab when you have the volume cranked!

Supercharger Sound
It is there but you have to listen for it. I believe the CAI will take care of that.

Performance
Just in the time I first sat in it, to the moment I shut the MINI down (@ 205), I have noticed that it "loosened" up a little? Little more peppy! It is tough, because you want to open it up yet you are only allowed to play in the midrange of the gear when boost is first building. I can see where my CAI and exhaust (when ready for the MY 05) will come in handy. Although, final results cannot be seen until after they are put on.

All in all, this is a great car! The best that I have ever owned! I just cannot get over that it is here! Something that I have been looking at in the MINI configurator is finally in the flesh!

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Now that's a good looking car.

I just had to check your gallery to be certain that those all important bonnet stripes were there...

Tigger. :red:

PS How well do those Xenons work?

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
great minds

think alike!

From one very happy LY/BK MCS owner to another - congrats!

S:yeblack:

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tigger said:
I just had to check your gallery to be certain that those all important bonnet stripes were there...

Tigger. :red:

PS How well do those Xenons work?
I am impressed with the Xenons! This is my first car with them and I very glad I went for it! (Besides the fact that they were included in the Sports Package).
They lighten up the road and surrounding residential areas like nobody's business! I have been cruising around with the fog lights on the highways, I find people speeding up or slowing down and pacing me! :D It is a great feeling!

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
CooperSAZ said:
You could say that I fancy the color Yellow! If only those darn bees would buzz off! My MINI is not a GIANT FLOWER!!!!!!!!!!
lol. got the same problem ;) wait till the birds spot,then it will be a target for bird crap :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts