MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okee Dokey, This is a late night pub conversation thing, might work here, you all seem daft enough;) .

If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party (living or dead , and please assume that any dead people would actually be living for the purposes of the party:rolleyes: :p ) Who would you invite and why?.

Heres a few of mine.
  1. Nelson Mandela, he's such a cool cookie and would be highly entertaining.
  2. Richard Branson, he has good ideas and makes most of them work.
  3. James Marshall Hendrix, to play my guitar like it should be played and amaze everyone.
  4. Cleopatra, just to see how powerful she really was, and how she controlled all those Egyptians (and to see how she walked;) )
  5. Amy Johnson, to find out what made her tick and what really happened to her in the end.
You can post many different combinations BTW

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Billy Connelly...he is just soooo funny and I find him sooo sexy too!
Richard Branson too cos is just just so enterprising and I wanna know how to make a million squideroonies
Phanny - 'cos she amuses me and she is famous too
Imelda Marcos so we could discuss shoes
EMPTY SEAT....this is so I can change my mind. I'm a lady we do that you know!!

Daft? Am I daft enough Firconel???

Minnie xx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Minnie Mouse said:
Billy Connelly...he is just soooo funny and I find him sooo sexy too!
Richard Branson too cos is just just so enterprising and I wanna know how to make a million squideroonies
Phanny - 'cos she amuses me and she is famous too
Imelda Marcos so we could discuss shoes
EMPTY SEAT....this is so I can change my mind. I'm a lady we do that you know!!

Daft? Am I daft enough Firconel???

Minnie xx
Not at all Minnie, I'd wait table for you and inteject with useless facts when the conversation died, not that it would I guess, then I could always take the empty seat;) .

You meet the daft critera all right, on a scale of 1 to 10, you get 15 :)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Ok, so I get 15 out of 10....now what makring do I get for my daftness Firconel??
My fav hotel is the Berkeley in Wilton Place.......love it there I do. Failing that I love afternoon tea at the Ritz.....all them cream cakes *slurp*

Come and sit down next to me then Firconel......we can bore the pants of each other all night then cos I love all that useless information.

Do you own Schotts Miscellany per chance??

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Minnie Mouse said:
Ok, so I get 15 out of 10....now what makring do I get for my daftness Firconel??
My fav hotel is the Berkeley in Wilton Place.......love it there I do. Failing that I love afternoon tea at the Ritz.....all them cream cakes *slurp*

Come and sit down next to me then Firconel......we can bore the pants of each other all night then cos I love all that useless information.

Do you own Schotts Miscellany per chance??
Boring pants off each other sounds interesting, whos pants would come off first ? (thats not too risque is it ??).

Berkeley is nice, Ritz teas are legendary, the Hempel is for more .... well romantic assignations should we say...:eek:

No , Schotts Misc. is not on my bookshelf, I just store up useless stuff in my head from god knows where, and it just fizzes up without any good reason.

Daftness,unfortunately you have broken the scale, its now unmeasurable :)

Heres one I made earlier

A starfish doesn't have a brain.

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
You don't own Schotts??? Excuse me while I pass out....its my bible, well one of them! There is even the useless infomation club and I am trying to become a member!!! How sad am I (don't say a word!)

OK, so I never been to the Hempel....not even for an indiscretion! I do have a good knowledge of all things posh....I even :bad::bad::bad::bad: my little finger in the air when slurping tea from the saucer in H A Rrodds!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Minnie Mouse said:
You don't own Schotts??? Excuse me while I pass out....its my bible, well one of them! There is even the useless infomation club and I am trying to become a member!!! How sad am I (don't say a word!)

OK, so I never been to the Hempel....not even for an indiscretion! I do have a good knowledge of all things posh....I even :bad::bad::bad::bad: my little finger in the air when slurping tea from the saucer in H A Rrodds!!
I'm not posh, just know how to behave in situations, so you extend your little pinkie when drinking tea eh ?, wow that is classy, Don't worry about saddo tendencies, at least you admit to yours.
And you certainly seem to mix in the right circles HArodds :eek: for example.

Try the Hempel, the rooms are quite incredible,as are the staff, in fact the whole place is just lovely indiscretion or otherwise;) .

Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a bellybutton :eek:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Minnie Mouse said:
Awwwww.......so is that an offer of an indiscretion with Mrs Hempel then???
Anoushka is a very I say very nice and gentle lady, and I have no intention of passing that on as I am a gentleman, and I do not believe that she would entertain such things, but on the other hand who knows, time place circumstance, action, reaction

The common garden worm has five pairs of hearts

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
In no particular order:-

1. Zola - Football genius & lovely man.
2. Ranulph Fiennes - greatest living explorer (& blew up the film set of Doctor Dolittle,
whilst in the SAS :p ).
3. Jamie Oliver - pucka chef (guess who is going to do the cooking :D )
4. Jethro - Cornish comidian (rivals Billy Connelly & Jim Davidson)
5. ? Huey Lewis (with/without the News) or Suggs (with/without Madness) for great
sounds.

umm - now worried have invited no women ---> goes for therapy..... --> returns from therapy realising that if i invited Sandra Bullock the meal would not get eaten, andi would be divorced :p so will stick to those above (but then again if Jamie is cooking there would be a spare seat..... ;) :D )

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
And we 've got reputation buttons too, firconel (#9)

(Now let's see, where to have that dinner.......all strapped to Nelson's Column (would be handy for Minnie). No perhaps not. Will keep working on it..... "Don't try too hard" "Shuddup"....

:rolleyes:

·
Little Minx
605 Posts
In the name of mischief...

A cozy foursome to begin with: Bob Geldof would be on my left (as my "man" for the evening) and JFK on my right. Next to him would be a high & frisky Marilyn Monroe. Jackie O would waitress :eek: Later that night Freud and Dorothy Parker would join Bob and I for a brandy or five and a discussion of the evening's events :eek: :D

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
shedend said:
In no particular order:-

1. Zola - Football genius & lovely man.
2. Ranulph Fiennes - greatest living explorer (& blew up the film set of Doctor Dolittle,
whilst in the SAS :p ).
3. Jamie Oliver - pucka chef (guess who is going to do the cooking :D )
4. Jethro - Cornish comidian (rivals Billy Connelly & Jim Davidson)
5. ? Huey Lewis (with/without the News) or Suggs (with/without Madness) for great
sounds.

umm - now worried have invited no women ---> goes for therapy..... --> returns from therapy realising that if i invited Sandra Bullock the meal would not get eaten, andi would be divorced :p so will stick to those above (but then again if Jamie is cooking there would be a spare seat..... ;) :D )
I know Suggs and Lee Thompson from years back....grew up with them in Camden Town!!!!!!! Fancy that!

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
I like this thread :D

In no particular order:

1. Albert Einstein - A genius and way ahead of his time
2. Dave Gilmour - Lead guitarist with Pink Floyd who could crack off some tunes
3. Terry Pratchett - I love the discworld books and think he would be good entertainment with his views of the world
4. Hue Heffner - I want whatever he's having and hopefully he'll bring company ;)
5. Neil Armstrong - I bet he could tell us some stories

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I'd invite the three, wait a minute, four, no, five (or is it four?), no five members of Homer Simpson's family over to the UK, put them up for a month as my guests (thereby providing the food), and spend all the time splitting my sides........

It would be a sad day when they had to return. If you don't believe that - just listen to any mainstream TV news.....

;) :) :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
6 Participants
Tone
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing