MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick up my new Dooper today :D:D:D:D Loving it!

Best bit is got a free Auto Aircon upgrade as they got it wrong during production :D:D:D

But the actualy hand over was a bit rubbish, would have expected a bit more from BMW/MINI :eek: Anyhow, not that bothered with that as it wasnt any worse than any of the other dealers I brought cars off.

There is a minor issue with the car - when you open the bonnet the headlights catches and is all scratched and damaged. So car is booked back in next Friday to have light lenses replaced and realigned to fix the problems.

Other than that I am very happy :D:D:D

Here are a few pics - raining so will get some decent ones done over the weekend if weather permits. I have decided to call him Peps :smile:

Kimmy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stratstones -

I was reading some threads about what other owners experienced during handover and was kinda getting my expectations up lol. But in the end was the same as any other handover - heres the car~ heres the controls~heres the paperwork ~bye

lol, I was looking forward to some flowers or chocolate but that didnt happen =P

Kimmy

·
Totally Marvellous!
1,165 Posts
Wow - looking good... :cool:

And another Pepper White too - *squee* :D

Sorry to hear about the handover - mine was pretty good, in fact the one and only thing missed out was any mention of the Stop/Start button, which was, er, interesting to say the least at the first couple of sets of traffic lights...

(but I think the Dooper thread (and one in particular) has heard more than enough about Start/Stop function... :eek::( )

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your comments, hehee, yeah Im very happy with the free aircon upgrade.

Just been out for a drive~ car sounds kinda rough on acceleration, not that I am hammering it or anything. Any kinda acceleration produces a very rough and loud rumberling sound that can be heard inside the cabin even when windows are closed. Never owned an diesel before so I cant tell if this is normal or not lol. Hmm, might pop it back for them to have a look as I think they forgot to give me the TLC voucher booklet anyway- only got the XTLC one.

Dont remeber it being this nosie when we test drove the Diesel Clubman.

Kimmy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The nosie has been much better today, so I think it just needs running in or something :p

TLC voucher booklet was missing so will pick that up on Friday when the car goes back in fir the repair. Other than that very happy :D:D:D

Forgot to take any pics today, too busy driving it lol ;)

Kimmy

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Congratulations, he looks good!! Loving the Pepper White!! As for the handover, my salesperson simply drove my car over and I had to drive her back to the showroom. And from previous experience with Stratstone, don't expect more from them. It's a shame they didn't accidently put a sports button on my car!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I have to agree Stratstone is rather rubbish~ When I first brought the car I asked specifically if the Iphone would play music through the USB port, if it did not I wanted them to fit the IPOD connection (and I would have not speced the Full Bluetooth) They asured me that with the Full Bluetooth it will work 100% and it will work with the original cable that came with the Iphone. I was a bit unsure about this and asked if it did not work will then make it work FOC as that is what I wanted. They agreed - this is my Sales Guy plus the Sales Manager - to do whats needed to get my Iphone to work via the USB FOC. Well surprise surprise, my Iphone does not work with the original cable (as I suspected), and if I want it to work I have to pay £40 for the cable.

I asked about the promise they made, and all I get is a load of 'umms' and 'errrs'. Im not excatly happy! Its not the £40 quid its the fact they are not keeping to their words. This will be the first and last time I will purchase a car from Stratsones if this is their level of customer service.

Just missed a BMW Customer Contact call today on my mobile, they will be hearing this from me the next time they call!

Apart from the Iphone not working at expected, Peps is doing great!

Kimmy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts