MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was the first person from here you met in real life and can you remember what broke the ice?

For me it was Beastmaster (& Peanut) at one of the pre-run meet up points for Chilterns II. It was my first run and as I remeber it, he was looking for a particular exhaust that no-one seemed to have (including myself) ;)

·
Silly Moo !
12,442 Posts
PMSL mine was at Leece and onlys4me's wedding in may, soggy said "hello Sebby"

PMSL, i thought who are you ? and how do you know that my dad calls me Sebby :D

(sebby is my nickname my dad calls me)

Anyway from there on a meet loadsa more mini2er's but Soggy and his wife and daughter were the first.

:D

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Sebby said:
PMSL mine was at Leece and onlys4me's wedding in may, soggy said "hello Sebby"

PMSL, i thought who are you ? and how do you know that my dad calls me Sebby :D

(sebby is my nickname my dad calls me)

Anyway from there on a meet loadsa more mini2er's but Soggy and his wife and daughter were the first.

:D
I remember -you looked shocked :D :D

First person I met was Washy, well that's cheating as I already knew him so the first new person I met was MartinL on the way up to Peak's Run II, ice breaker I guess was stopping for Ben to throw up :D The nmet up with Diet coke and Deej, amongst others, but the 4 of us had a rigth crack that day - never looked back. shame DC is not around so much these days, I miss his humour.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
first person that waved madly was steve (S_&_M) before chilterns. but the first person i spoke to was soggy, who said something along the lines of "aaah, you must be miss miniadventurer" or something :eek: haha then i met rakey and ruthie, who led me to chris :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
My first MINI2 meet was Gaydon Oct 2001 ;)

I did not have a MINI then, still had my old 1995 BRG Cooper 1.3i.

People I met included the what used to be the usual suspects of MINI2 chat: Red Cooper, smiffy, neo and his missus, blade777 (or whatever were the last 3 digits), big ear, monsta, Dodger and Dodgeress, Paul M, gazzaman, R50 and his partner felix, Martyn of the Peak Run fame, and I think dietcokeplease was there but cannot be sure, plus quite a few others.

Blame R50 and smiffy for putting ideas into my head re: the lime green roof and wing mirrors :D

DK ;) :apple:

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
My first MINI2 er was none other than Paul Mullet on the first darkness run, I'd never done a run before, so was not prepared for Bonnie Scotland 'S' and assorted others, I was in a borrowed One.
Anyway suffice to say the darkness wan not the best one to start with, and I got lost 1/2 way round never to rejoin the others . Cant remember who else was there S&M perhaps can't remember who else really

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
First MINI2er I caught up with was Smurfn. It was shortly after I had ordered Obsession, and he had agreed to let me go as passenger on the Easter Weekend drive we had here :D :cool:

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
The first person I met in real life was Grings, on one of the first SCNM meets down near Basingstoke. We met up in a sainsburys car park before convoying down and meeting up with Max, Dabe, The Mighty Imp, Tony*t3, Marriedblonde and a few others :D:D This was back in August 2003 ;):D

·
GEEEEEEEEK
9,069 Posts
the first person i met was RVW at the car wash on the chilterns II run dint really meet any others until mini 45 where i met Rakey,Mad brummie,Button it,Mini adventura and last but no means leased Betty from then on my adventua began

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.