MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Driven like its stolen
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a flower in your hair they said, actually its my mini, the flower, a birthday present for the current pottential Mrs Jongar. Not bad for £35 - Your thoughts ?

·
Cooper boy!
243 Posts
hmmmm.... no comment...mini destruction.....after all it is a mini adventure- so individuality is certainly evident there! at least

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hope no one finds out about Jen's car.. or a few others at the Dragon run =)

·
XYZ
271 Posts
Minnie Mouse said:
Ooh I think it looks very much like the minis owned by a large chain of estate agents here in London called Foxtons! They have lots of green minis all decorated with "flower power" type flowers!!

Minnie xx
Thats what I thought - its those damn estate agents that Clarkson was talking about on Top Gear on Sunday I bet :D

:bone: Pat :bone:

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
MrMini748 said:
Thats what I thought - its those damn estate agents that Clarkson was talking about on Top Gear on Sunday I bet :D

Oooh I missed it this week....he was talking about them eh! They have recently gone over to this flower power look but only months after me taking for ever to work out that the graffitti style they used before was in fact lots of cars and not one very busy driver buzzing all over London.....how silly am I??!! Don't say a word!

AND......their drivers don't wave either! Boring lot they are, too busy whizzing round Hampstead and surronding posh areas selling £10,000,000 houses! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jongar: love the flower! Get more :)

Some of us have to live at the heart of Foxtons territory, where every other MINI is BRG and they never smile or wave :(

That's estate agents for you - House Salesmen is all they are at the end of the day...

·
XYZ
271 Posts
Minnie Mouse said:
Oooh I missed it this week....he was talking about them eh! They have recently gone over to this flower power look but only months after me taking for ever to work out that the graffitti style they used before was in fact lots of cars and not one very busy driver buzzing all over London.....how silly am I??!! Don't say a word!

AND......their drivers don't wave either! Boring lot they are, too busy whizzing round Hampstead and surronding posh areas selling £10,000,000 houses! :rolleyes:
Well I cant say I live in one of the big houses in Hampstead - but when Ive done any roofing work around there helping out my dad Ive seen them every single time Ive been there and I think "What a travesty" every time :D

·
Driven like its stolen
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I designed it (well not strictly, Cath my design assistant did) and Magnaisgns made it, its just a silly pressie for the other half (her birthday next week) to wiz round london in - in fact the point of it is anti-foxtons (we rent through them) no its not a photoshop, its real, albeit tempory, just magnetic vinyl. Just stress tested it for speed, good to 103 on the A428 between Cambridge and Ste Neots (A1)

:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :yellow: :red: :yellow: :silk: :red: :yellow:

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Look a little something like this did it?

"The latest of the Foxtons Mini designs harks back to 60's London and the birth of the mini. The bright design brings colour to the urban landscape and a smile to onlookers' faces with its bold and colourful flowers on the doors and identity numbers for each vehicle placed in the centre. The red roof is quite striking with 'love' emblazoned across it in white, whilst the bonnet is finished with yellow and white stripes, and the location stickers (MAY for Mayfair and WM for Westminster) placed on the rear of the car are now a heart shape. All writing on the mini is in a psychedelic font, befitting of a 60's icon and bringing a sense of fun to the design."

Attachments

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
The Magic Roundabout was a fantatsic childrens cartoon type programme that used to come on for 5 mins before nthe early evening news and featured a cow called Emerntrude a rabbit that was continually spaced out called Dylan, a dog called Dougal a little girl called Florence and a weird springed chap called Zebedee.
It was essential viewing for any kid who grew up in the 70's

Bring it back I say (The original not the Nigel Planer version) :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
supa-dupa-cooper said:
Look a little something like this did it?

"The latest of the Foxtons Mini designs harks back to 60's London and the birth of the mini. The bright design brings colour to the urban landscape and a smile to onlookers' faces with its bold and colourful flowers on the doors and identity numbers for each vehicle placed in the centre. The red roof is quite striking with 'love' emblazoned across it in white, whilst the bonnet is finished with yellow and white stripes, and the location stickers (MAY for Mayfair and WM for Westminster) placed on the rear of the car are now a heart shape. All writing on the mini is in a psychedelic font, befitting of a 60's icon and bringing a sense of fun to the design."
Yeah!!! Shocking.

what do foxtons actually do as a company?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think it looks fun, but the term "gayest" is offensive. Degrading to a piece of society. It's as bad as using the N word. In my opinion.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
22 Participants
jongar
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing