MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the 2009 Italian Job
20th October 2009 to 31st October 2009​

It may seem a little early to be arranging your 2009 Italian Job, but the organisers, are planning a MASSIVE 'Job' next year, and with only 100 places available. many numbers have been snapped up already.

Speaking to many MINI2 members, it appears that quite a few of you have already applied and received your team numbers. If so let us know you team number for next year.

For those of you thinking of taking part, or new to the 'Job' please feel free to ask any questions on here. You can be sure that others are probably thinking the same, and there's plenty of 'old hands' on here to answer your queries.

To give you a taste of what you can expect take a look at our video from this year.

The Italian Job 2008 on Vimeo

So what's in store for those lucky enough to go in 2009?

Firstly your ferry with Sea France from Dover to Calais. This can be taken on certain crossings any time from about 2 weeks before the start on the 20th October. This enables you to make the most of your journey down, giving you plenty of time to visit other countries on your way.

After making your way to Rome, you will register, and be issued your team stickers for the start on the Rally.

We will then stop over in various locations including Florence, Imola, Monza, Stressa (Lake Maggiore) Turin, and then onto France. At this stage, exact hotels have not been confirmed, but having been on the Italian Job 3 times now, i can say that they should all be of very good quality.

During the time 'on the Job' you will have plenty of exciting things to do, and the organisers are hoping to get a lap or two on one or more of the following circuits, Vallelunga; Mugello; Adria Raceway; Fiorano; Imola, Lingotto; Misano Adriatico and/or Monza.

For updates you can visit Italian Job - childrens charity fundraising which also has it's own forum, but i have to say, it does tend to be quite quiet on there at times, so we intend to keep you as updated as soon as we recieve any information.

What's the Italian Job all about?

Your teams challenge is to raise as much money as possible for the nominated Charities. The target of £1500 is just that! you won't be turned away if you don't make that figure. Doing your best is what counts.

More information about the 2009 Charity can be found here Welcome to KidsOut

End of the Rumours

We've encountered very little anomosity amongst the Classic an New MINI owners. In the last 3 years there has been a large number of New MINIs attending, in fact this year it was nearly 50/50. The 'Job' has now been opened up to the New Fiat 500 and we had 2 attending this year.

The MINI2 2009 Jobbers

Team 37 trina37 & TBA
Team 41 Red Baron & Joe Cool
Team 48 Snowie & SnowieOwl
Team 50 Jon and Wiz
Team 51 Jim and Dave
Team 78 supa-dupa-cooper & KillerByte
Team 79 death2pixies & Dan
Team 80 Ant FR & Bro
Team 81 Humph & MINI T
Team 101 PurplePiper & Andy

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Team 48 Snowie & SnowieOwl (Alan & Jan) checking in - this will be our 3rd year

Thanks for starting a thread on this I will now cross it off my to do list.

It promises to be a fantastic event.

As Chris & Jax said there is little or no split between clasics and new mini owners - one big party with everyone having the same aim - having fun whilst raising money for children.

What better thing is their to do in a MINI. :D:D

Get your application forms in early as there are already over 70 confirmed entries for 2009.

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Application and cheque sent today and emailed across just for good measure.
Good to have you along this year! :D

I remember you were thinking about taking part before with your brother?

Once you get a confirmed team No. let us know! ;)

Chris

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Sure will, We are looking forward to it bigstyle.

we have been cobfirmed a place by email but awaiting team number, could'nt have 666 which was a bugger, but our stickers will make up for it

We're not sure on the route we're going to take down, but we will staying at the nurburgring the first night as we will be getting some sponsorship from some companies there.

Probably can clear up our minimum sponsorship from the guys here in the office.

We got some great ideas to raise the cash though.

We're going to plan through crimbo then get started big stule in the new year. Roll on next year.

Main thing is its my 30th next year so i decided that for the whole year i will do everything i would normaly put off. Big year 2009

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we have been cobfirmed a place by email but awaiting team number, could'nt have 666 which was a bugger, but our stickers will make up for it
That's a shame! :(

A couple of years ago, a group of firemen were allowed to take part as Team 999! ;)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I'm in - Jon & Wiz will be making up a team next year in the Checkmate, with Jim and Dave (Jims friend) in either Bini, or Binis replacement :p

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Blimey this is going to be on hell of a party adventure

we need to start planning some routes down and some meet up points to arrive in Rome in style with a MINI 2 convoy.

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we need to start planning some routes down and some meet up points to arrive in Rome in style with a MINI 2 convoy.
Seeing as we're bringing the two boys next year, we will be taking them through as many countries as possible!

Looking like a route through France - Belgium - Luxembourg - France (again!) - Germany - Austria - Italy next year! :eek:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts