MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
plenty new cases on ebay, just be very careful opening the old one as if you insert a blade too deep into the joint you will damage the PCB. It isn't a hard fix and youtube guides will help

·
Registered
573 Posts
just a blank empty case, obv not original, simply a housing for your pcb. you will throw the old casing out. Have a search on ebay to see what you get, a round Mini logo case. open yours and transfer the pcb with battery over and glue it together, it isn't complicated

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
the buttons are part of the case and connected to the housing by cut out movable plastic which fails. these bits push onto the internal pcb switches you can now see thought the missing parts holes

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries i know your not beeing rude, its just that i have a feeling that the Original parts are always better quality so i was thinking to save/use as much as i can from the original key. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
your original quality part is crumbling, mine is 12 years old and fine, all depends on usage and maybe what it has been in contact with, nothing wrong with generic plastic parts IMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts