MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They will open on the 3/22. Coopers will be available from that day on. They will start taking orders for the S in June. To be delivered about a month after you order. Mini USA will be sending you updates via email regarding production.

This is a bummer. I had hoped that I could place an order on March 22. Has anyone else heard otherwise? I had heard of some people ordering already. What gives?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I can't seem to get any kind of info regarding the Cooper S which kinda bugs me so now I'm thinking of buying a Cooper instead. Next week or the week after I'll get to test drive a Cooper S, that I do know but as far as ordering one hmmmmmm.

They need a Cooper S allocation before they can take orders. I'd guess late March/early April order and June delivery.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Flow MINI

Just talked to my dealer, Flow MINI, Winston-Salem, NC. Just have some cosmetic work left to do by tomorrow PM. They will be open on the 22nd and will have several Coopers, and they should have a Cooper S. He was out at 3Com park last week and couldn't say enough good things about the Cooper. Handling was fantastic. Then he said how the ride in the Cooper S scared the pants off him. Sounds like the professional drivers were having a very good time. Now he's thinking he may need to sell his new 328ci for an S.

They've gone quite on the list length. They're hoping to cover the Cooper list in 3-4 months. The S list will take 7-8. Maybe everyone will jump over to the Cooper list when there's no more wait (So I can get my S) :cool: :cool:

-Brad

·
Registered
187 Posts
i think i can manage a 7 month wait to have my pants scared off me...really sounds worth it
:D

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
MiniShuttle, I heard a few weeks back that their list was over 140. Don't know how much of that is the S though.

I'm supposedly about #34 and appreciate the news you posted. I'll be contacting Kelvin for a test drive VERY SOON!!!

-Mike

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Re: Flow MINI

MiniShuttle said:
Just talked to my dealer, Flow MINI, Winston-Salem, NC. Just have some cosmetic work left to do by tomorrow PM. They will be open on the 22nd and will have several Coopers, and they should have a Cooper S.
Wow! Fantastic news!

The last thing I want is an excessive delay in getting my 'S' because the showroom wasn't ready.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
My dealer here in Maryland called an hour ago to set up my scheduled test drive...Friday the 22nd...in an "S". Needless to say I'm getting excited. Since I'm #1, I can have a spec car in June, or my own spec in July.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great news MINISHUTTLE. Makes me feel a little better considering the earlier rumours. So, any word on test drives or launch party?

·
Registered
121 Posts
News update March 14, 2002

WOW :D I just bumped into my salesman at Lowe's, what a coincidence!! He was very excited and described his experience in SF:

1) He DID NOT drive the Cooper S :confused: as there were 8 professional drivers giving them rides but no driving for themselves. Said it was an AWESOME ride, although he thought the Cooper was terrific little car in it's own right!

2) They drove the Coopers (many of them) back to back with the PT Cruiser, Acura RSX, Toyota Matrix, and VW Beetle. Very impressed with the Cooper as compared to the others.

Now on to the dealer update:

The showroom is being prepared by MINI as we speak (I confirmed this on my way home from work) and will be fully furnished tomorrow morning. Launch is set for next Tues March 19.

They also know the options and colors for the pre-spec'd cars!! :D There is an accessory brochure floating around the dealership which I hope to see tomorrow..........going in the afternoon to see what Coopers are coming..........they will not disclose it to the generic public but are willing to share with those people serious about buying on the list.

Got another brochure and a nice letter from the dealership in the mail today (the salesman told me I would be receiving this) and here is an excerpt from the letter:

"We will have both the Cooper and Cooper S for your viewing. We will be contacting you soon to arrange for test drives....."

"There will be approximately 20 Coopers, specced by MINIUSA, available for sale in March and April. The people on the waiting list will have the first opportunity to purchase these cars. Those of you who are interested in ordering, you will need to wait until April or May. Cooper S will be available for sale starting in June 2002."

The cars could start coming in tomorrow or Saturday........can't wait!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've got to say...

That's some really sad competition, other than the RSX. What were they thinking?? How about the Sentra Spec V, Focus SVT, Civic Si, Golf 1.8T, Neon ACR, and Mazda MP3? No, I don't think these cars are better, but CERTAINLY better competition.

Sorry to have been a tad off topic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts