MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had such an excellent day today. It was a nice sunny day so I took my Cooper for a proper good spin today and it was awesome. I just can't fault this car, it looks class, drives like a dream and the CD auto/BOOST combo is the business.

Anyone out there with doubts in their mind about whether to buy this car, wipe them out of your head now. The car is superb;)

Cheers

LMB:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats and motor on! Hoping to get mine before the spring weather is all gone.:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
:D

I've been saying the same thing. Picked my cooper up in late December and the car is Fantastic.

17" alloys Superb, CD boost Wow, cruse control Fab. And the attention, well you just need to get used to it! Power to you LMB.

:cool:

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
I've just driven a 15 mile round trip in my MINI to a shop that is 10 min walk from where I live!! :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Delighted to hear you're delighted with your Cooper!

I still grin from ear to ear when I get behind the wheel of mine, it's the best feeling!

Applejack's right the really odd thing to get used to, is being looked at!

ENJOY!:D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
this is aweful!!

i dont get my car until the 1st March and the days seem to last for ages at the moment!

feel like a kid in a sweetshop hehe

how many miles is the running in period and when is the first service due?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Good thread LMB........

Pleased you love your Cooper, no wonder you've been a bit quieter around here of late !

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ELISEBOY said:
this is aweful!!

i dont get my car until the 1st March and the days seem to last for ages at the moment!

feel like a kid in a sweetshop hehe

how many miles is the running in period and when is the first service due?
I know exactly how you feel, it is a long wait but is more than worth it. At least you'll have a shinny new number plate:)

With regards running the car in, I am going to keep it under 4500rpm for 1,500 miles.

Basil,

Just you wait;)

LMB :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
R1 said:
I've just driven a 15 mile round trip in my MINI to a shop that is 10 min walk from where I live!! :D

and I thought your left pull wasn't too bad R1 !!..... ha ha ha ha.......... sorry, it's old, and worn joke.....but ha ha ha , made me laugh !!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
LMB said:

I know exactly how you feel, it is a long wait but is more than worth it. At least you'll have a shinny new number plate:)

With regards running the car in, I am going to keep it under 4500rpm for 1,500 miles.

Basil,

Just you wait;)

LMB :D
1500 miles!!!

have to visit those friends in lands end and john o'groats a few times then hehe!:p

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LMB,

I take it from a post in another thread, that your car has degenerated into pulling left. In some way's I guess that means it should be fairly easy to find out what has caused this to occur. Some suffer from this from new. But i don't think your's did. Very odd.

cheers

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Basil said:
LMB,

I take it from a post in another thread, that your car has degenerated into pulling left. In some way's I guess that means it should be fairly easy to find out what has caused this to occur. Some suffer from this from new. But i don't think your's did. Very odd.

cheers
Basil,

The pull was always there, I just wanted to do a bit of research before I said anything. The only thing that worries me with regards the problem, is whether it could affect the cars re-sale value. BMW seem to have come up with a solution and soon it will become knowledge that pre-March 2002 Mini's tended to suffer from the problem.

I'll say no more on the matter, because it ain't half boring:p

The Mini Cooper is still brilliant, I would recommend anyone to get one. Only wait until after March:)

I am even finding the seats comfortable now. I seem to have got used to the bloody lumber support:D

Cheers

LMB ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LMB said:

Basil,

The pull was always there, I just wanted to do a bit of research before I said anything. The only thing that worries me with regards the problem, is whether it could affect the cars re-sale value. BMW seem to have come up with a solution and soon it will become knowledge that pre-March 2002 Mini's tended to suffer from the problem.

I'll say no more on the matter, because it ain't half boring:p

The Mini Cooper is still brilliant, I would recommend anyone to get one. Only wait until after March:)

I am even finding the seats comfortable now. I seem to have got used to the bloody lumber support:D

Cheers

LMB ;)
If "pre-march" cars pull, and it becomes public knowledge, it will definately be an issue with car buyers that have done their homework. Pleased to here that you seem to have got somewhere with BMW on this issue.

:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not all MINIs pull to the left. So the problem is not necessarily the design but either:

A. Component quality problem (tyres, springs, dampers)
B. Build quality (workmanship, settings & alignments)
C. Road environment (type of road, camber etc)

I am fortunate to have an almost fault free MINI - with no pull or drift to the left. There are probably many more out there in MINI Adventureland. It is likely that they are driving around with big grins on their faces.

If anyone has a problem with the drift/pull I hope that BMW get it fixed real quick.

Cheers

:D :D :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
I agree. My October 2001 cooper has no pull problem. The seat started to squeak a bit this week but I don't see this as a valid reason not to buy a mini .....contemplating whether I should buy an S next year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One 2 Cooper

We have a One that has just been rejected , we were given a Coop for 3 days whilst ours was being fixed.Result is we were asked to order a replacement it has to be a Coop ...we have been spoiled.....roll on March!!!!!!:D :p

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
The opposition

The MINI is a brilliant car! But. I went out with my other sports bike-riding mates on Sunday (first decent day with no slippery salt muck) on my R1. The MINI's good but at the end of the day, it's still only a car ;).
Got the feeling the MINI will be spending a few lonely weekends this summer. The R1's back in town! :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
We have a One that has just been rejected , we were given a Coop for 3 days whilst ours was being fixed.Result is we were asked to order a replacement it has to be a Coop ...we have been spoiled.....roll on March!!!!!!
I must admit I never seriously considered getting a One, but it would be interesting to hear the views of a convert. Having driven both, how do they compare? What was the main factor that made you want to "upgrade"?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts