·
Boosted
480 Posts
Who's the manufacturer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Off the wall!!

Sorry, oldie but a newbie, looking for JCW exhaust trims for first gen S convertible, BMW won't sell me them, looking to buy them at sensible price....................nice exhaust system by the way!!!

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Sorry, oldie but a newbie, looking for JCW exhaust trims for first gen S convertible, BMW won't sell me them, looking to buy them at sensible price....................nice exhaust system by the way!!!
There was a thread earlier today about this, have a quick search. basically JCW trims are a different diameter to the MCS standard exhaust adn take a lot of modding to make them fit. Sorry.:(

Nice exhaust that one above, but yes very loud i'm sure.

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Cant see it being as loud as a similar designed R53 exhaust. The turbo acts as a massive sound deadening device. You see a lot of the new R56 S exhausts with just the back box and no centre resonator. They are trying to make these as loud as some of the milder R53 exhausts I guess. That being said the back boxes are small but no smaller than Borla's aggressive system for the R56 S.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
There was a thread earlier today about this, have a quick search. basically JCW trims are a different diameter to the MCS standard exhaust adn take a lot of modding to make them fit. Sorry.:(
Have you considered "GTT Slash Cut Exhaust Tips"...? :confused:

At least it gives you an alternative (and supports a MINI2.com sponsor). :)

Back on topic: I like the look of the ends of that exhaust in Post 1... looks sort of heat-coloured at the tips. Very cool. :cool:

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
812 Posts

Have you considered "GTT Slash Cut Exhaust Tips"...? :confused:

At least it gives you an alternative (and supports a MINI2.com sponsor). :)

Back on topic: I like the look of the ends of that exhaust in Post 1... looks sort of heat-coloured at the tips. Very cool. :cool:

All the best,
Andrew.
i have had a couple of titanium exhausts for sports motor bikes in the past and all you do to get that colouring too the tips is heat them up with a blow lamp..:p

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... titanium!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Like the big tail pipes though :cool:[/QUOTE]

Ooh err Missus! :redface:

It's not the size of your tail-pipe that matters, it's how you drive your Mini that count's! :biggrin:

P.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts