MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Long-time reader, however I decided to sign-up today! I had a question regarding where the GP-Replica wheels can be purchased from (or alternatively an actual set of GP wheels)? I have read through all the old topics about the "worx" GP wheels, however, I am unable to find a set (even on e-bay!). If you could please help me get a lead it would be highly appreciated! (even if it is not of the worx brand) and if you could maybe provide some details about the quality if possible!

Thanks in advance.

MiniManiac

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, and no I was not "drunk shopping" and don't really appreciate the comment, but oh well.. I'm just an early riser... (Go the gym at 5am, and off to work at 6:30am).

My only issue is that shipping to the US may be a problem, however, I will give them a call and see. Or if anyone knows of some local "importers", it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

MiniManiac

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ah right,sorry for the banter- can't imagine myself being up at 4.30 unless i was still awake or getting in, from a night out (don't you just love our 24hr drinking culture?)- it wasn't apparent you're from the US- I'd imagine postage may be a little expensive- you may have to add import taxes etc. too.

If you strike up deal with UK supplier they may arrange shipping -don't forget you wouldn't have to pay our 17.5% value added tax so you could think of that as a discount- In other words deduct that from the advertised price.

I've imported large boxes of electronic goods from china into the uk by air and that wasn't that costly but wheels are a hell of a lots heavier- perhaps a sea container shipping company is the way to go as size is more important that weight.
Goodluck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input, one last question:

has anyone dealt with:

Mercedes AMG BMW alloy wheels & tyres, UK wheel alloys

They require an electronic bank transfer for international customers so I'm a bit weary (I am bit paranoid with internet transactions in general); if you have any input regarding their service/reliability/existence (you never now now-a-days) it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

MiniManiac

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, just to add another aspect, I noticed another website with a very similar address, just thought I might as well mention it: alloy-wheels-direct (has dashes rather than all the words together :eek:)

ALLOY WHEELS DIRECT UK | Alloy Wheels & Tyres | Alloy Wheel Packages

which adds to the confusion (this provider has a different set of wheels, though, and not the ones I am looking for).

If anyone has any information about the previous post (sorry about the double post) it would be highly appreciated

Thanks,

MiniManiac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts