MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was breifly on TopGear a couple of weeks ago

I really like it despite the fact that yes its a vauxhall

http://vauxhall.co.uk/showroom/search/brand.jhtml?brand=New+Tigra&vehicleType=Car

I think its the only car, so far that has pulled off the convertable look without looking silly.

It looks like a mans car rather than a shopping trolley.

Ps sorry was gonna do a vote thing but a soon as i clicked :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad:eek: internet explorer :bad::bad::bad::bad:s up :mad:

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
I like the look of the Monaro - 5.7 litre V8 engine - 160+ mph, rear wheel drive - Limited-slip differential - Switchable traction control - ABS :D :D (but 35k out of my price range :mad: ) who cares i got a MINI :D :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
I personally think vauxhall are getting there act together. The vectra is ugly yes, but the monaro is nice, the astra's even nice, the tigras nice, and the vxr 220 is lush

·
Registered
324 Posts
At first look, the Tigra looked like a pug convertible.....not that that's a bad thing. It's a nice looking car.
The Monaro you guys are getting, I believe is the same Monaro that's been for sale here in Oz for the past two years. The 300Kw (GTS?) is a rip snorter - but very expensive.

Cheers.

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
I think it looks pretty good and I'm not a Vauxhall fan at all.
Still, tiny cabrio has all the wrong associations..[insert girlie smilie of choice]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Unfortunately its got the name : VAUXHALL, which is a kindof neo trendy backwater of London, so it does'nt quite work, plus the whole car name is associated with Cavalier , repmobile man, so they have a problemette, call it something else and build a new brand image, then Bingo instant karma;)

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
the 1.8 is the same unit out the corsa, as is the 1.4 one, the 1.8 in the corsa is nearly as fast as the mcs!!! only 2 secs slower to 100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Hickster
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing