Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had a thought! :D

We have just booked the Friday night (25th Feb) as well as 26th to make it a nice long "kid free" weekend and wondered if anyone else was planning on doing that too?

I thought it might be nice to meet up in the bar and/or have a meal together perhaps.

This is where we are off to http://www.thearoma.co.uk
I have booked a table for 30 @ 8pm
Here is the list of munchers (21):

1. scooperman (birthday celebration) :D
2. Bonnie Scotland + 1
3. Trainman
4. minicabrio_UK
5. soggy cornflakes
8. Minnie Mouse + 1
9. Poppet
11. Mt1
12. Harpo + 1
13. randap + 1
14. Jirawan + 1
15. Ian Clarke + 1
16. stuvoi
17.Sham + 1

Anyone else joining us???

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Chatting with some folks last night I think a few will end up stopping over on the Friday too - especially those with distance to travel who want to do the Run as well.

The Hotel have said they will allow extra nights at the sam,e rate as the Ball itself so make sure you quote teh Ball when you book teh Friday too :)

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
I stayed the extra night on the Cotswold run but as I am co-ordinating the South West and South Wales convoys to the event on the Saturday, wont be a ble to it this time.

The buffet chinese and Indian restaurants just opposite the hotel do good cheap food. Had the Indian on the Friday and Chinese on Sat - both are good - so just go with what you like ;)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
It is likely that Max and I will stay overnight at my base in London before travelling up to Northampton in the morning.

There will be last minute issues/crisis/jobs that require attention the night before, so I feel I have got to keep that night free at present :)

The Chinese buffet is VERY good value for money IMHO - make sure you starve yourself before you go there, and advance booking is strongly recommended ;)

DK ;) :apple:

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
shall be at the ball but as DK will tell you it may be the wrong ball and the wrong day!!
hehe ;)

Not sure of plans as yet

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
change of plan

Now that we are getting an interested party for friday night, im thinking of booking a table at the rather good chinese restaurant over the road from the hotel.

The occassion being my birthday. Well its actually on the 19th of Feb, so this is close enough for my liking.

So get signed up for this.:D :D :D

Neil get those hotel rooms booked now.

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Put me down as a maybe , only maybe as I'm not currently free but if I can get free then I'll be up for a ****** damn good place it is. It's called Aromas if you're looking to book a table Loz :)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SoggyCornFlakes said:
Put me down as a maybe , only maybe as I'm not currently free but if I can get free then I'll be up for a ****** damn good place it is. It's called Aromas if you're looking to book a table Loz :)
Change ya plans and come out with us Soggy!!!!

So is it chinese or indian?? Lets have a vote!!! Heard both are good :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
The Chinese buffet is excellent!

And the staff were very helpful, well, they were to me :D

I always managed to get good services in Chinese restaurants in this country, I wonder why :confused: :D

I don't know, very tempted to stay Friday night, it depends how organise we shall be nearer the time I guess :confused:

Better book Friday night hotel just in case - I can always cancel later ;)

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
dcfkan said:
The Chinese buffet is excellent!

And the staff were very helpful, well, they were to me :D

I always managed to get good services in Chinese restaurants in this country, I wonder why :confused: :D

I don't know, very tempted to stay Friday night, it depends how organise we shall be nearer the time I guess :confused:

Better book Friday night hotel just in case - I can always cancel later ;)

Good means we can go on the lash on friday night DK! LOL

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.