MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having numerous problems with my sept 2001 build mini one I have been informed by the dealer where the car was originally purchased that the only way for me to gain redress is to get the person who sold me the car private to buy back the car and then they would have to seek a refund form the dealer.

The problems with my car include:

car pulling to the left (updated shocks fitted)
- excessive wear to inside & outside of tyres after shocks fitted (had to pay for kds alignment check as dealer claimed parking kerbing had koncked alignment out)
- problems selecting 1st & reverse and squeaking when changing into 1st, 3rd & 5th (new gearbox fitted but problems still there but intermittently)
- drivers seat squeaks & reclines further when driving if u allow passengers into the back
- dull thud when riding uneven roads such as potholes & overbanding (rear hatch or rear seat related, me thinks but dealer says no problem)
- guttering unadhering to vehicle body

• - vibration felt through front left wheel (dealer replaced airbox but still the problem is there)
    - hesitation when pulling out from junctions in second if the junction is clear (version 36 software installed but there is still a hesitation when car is cold at 2000 revs in 2nd)
    - clunk noise on clutch at biting point

Overall the car has been to the dealer a lot of times, over 10 all at cost to me with no real fix and basically the dealer has told me that I will have to put up with it as I bought the car private cos the chance of the person buying it back from me is about as unlikely as BMW admitting to problems with their product.

If there are any legal wiz's on this site, please help!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi.

Maybe u can fix the worst parts and then I would sell the car and get a newer one, a 04 for example. I got a 04 and have had almost no problems at all (owned the car for 5 months).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.