MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You mean this bit, marra?

Valle d'Aosta, Italy

"The first shot of the film is of the bridge at the southern end of the St. Bernard valley, north of
Aosta: The bridge that serves the new toll road that goes through the mountain. Successive shots are
of the Miura working its way up the old road in the St. Bernard valley towards the Great St. Bernard
pass. Then the Miura comes down the same road (but higher up) and clearly passes a no. 32 mileage
marker. Filming is then continued on another road - the road to La Thuile, south of Courmayeur,
where the Miura crashes in the tunnel. This tunnel has since been extended with a gallery. "

Other Locations nicked from the web are...

Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland
Coventry, West Midlands, England, UK
(The Minis drive through the sewer)

Crystal Palace, London, England, UK
(Van explosion scene)

Killmainham Jail, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland

Royal Lancaster Hotel, Bayswater, London, England, UK

Thorn EMI building, Surrey, England, UK

Trento, Trentino - Alto Adige, Italy

Villa della Regina, Turin, Piedmont, Italy
Wormwood Scrubs prison, Old Oak Common, London, England, UK

Check out this fella's excellent photo's. Check out the picture he calls La Thuile 2.
ans compare the far background to the flim shot above!

http://community.webshots.com/user/mrlocation

Also for a laugh...

http://www.italianjob-tour.com/

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Nice bit of road we drove allong it on our stelvio trip but sat nav gets you lost in aoster it keeps telling you to turn right

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Monkeyhanger

That bloody brilliant, why couldn't I find that on the web, never mind, that’s the interweb for you.

Are you from Hartlepool....!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
kooper trooper said:
That bloody brilliant, why couldn't I find that on the web, never mind, that’s the interweb for you.

Are you from Hartlepool....!
What makes you thing that bonnie lad? - Am at the moment, but likely to be moving up to the Toon or Gatesheeed soon.

·
can i go home yet
2,568 Posts
captain said:
Nice bit of road we drove allong it on our stelvio trip but sat nav gets you lost in aoster it keeps telling you to turn right
mine didnt - great road though

·
Registered
119 Posts
kooper trooper said:
Does anybody know where the opening scene's where shot and which route?

Currently planning a trip across Europe.
Hey, I don't know if you know, but the old Fiat factory in Turin (where they race around on the roof-top track) is now a rather plush hotel.

I'm planning the trip too, so I've had to re-assess my budget to include a couple of nights in the 5* LeMeridan Lingotto. You can jog around the track apparently, wonder if they'll let me up there in the MCS? :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts