MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday evening the Banana Mobile was returned to my dealer via tow truck for the final time and rejected.

My problem with the 'magic' windows and doors that was supposed to be fixed with a replacement ECU returned again, leaving me to find my car unlocked with the windows down in a quiet car park in the rain!

I managed to get the car home by manually locking the doors from the inside, but when I tried to lock the car from the outside all the windows came down again, doors unlocked, interior light was going on and off.

I gave up called MINI assistance and asked them to take it away with a letter of rejection, following my letter last week that stated any further recurrence of my problems would result in rejection.

I have yet to hear as to whether this has been accepted, and I will be ordering a new Cooper which hopefully will not have the problems, but we'll see.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: The Reurn of the Banana Mobile

Varse said:
On Saturday evening the Banana Mobile was returned to my dealer via tow truck for the final time and rejected.

My problem with the 'magic' windows and doors that was supposed to be fixed with a replacement ECU returned again, leaving me to find my car unlocked with the windows down in a quiet car park in the rain!

I managed to get the car home by manually locking the doors from the inside, but when I tried to lock the car from the outside all the windows came down again, doors unlocked, interior light was going on and off.

I gave up called MINI assistance and asked them to take it away with a letter of rejection, following my letter last week that stated any further recurrence of my problems would result in rejection.

I have yet to hear as to whether this has been accepted, and I will be ordering a new Cooper which hopefully will not have the problems, but we'll see.

I'll keep you posted.
Every sympathy, Varse. But it's good to hear that you're still prepared to trust BMW. I can't believe they will allow this fault to continue to manifest itself, irrespective of stories that they "do not know what the problem is". It's way too big a problem to go unresolved.

Will you be changing your spec when you re-order?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still awaiting a reply as to what the next step is.

When I reorder I'm keeping the same colour combo, just adding a few bits that I couldn't have first time, heated washer jets and mirrors, ASC+T, upgrading to climate from normal AC and also maybe adding multifunction wheel and 16" wheels as well.

Depends really whether they offer me any sort of discount or free options due to my problems. I can't really afford that lot.

Does any one know whether the MF wheel but not leather is 160 rather than 240?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts