MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided we needed to buy a car. We have the Jeep Grand Cherokee that we throw the kids and everything else into, but we needed a second car for those solo trips into town. I went to my neighborhood BMW in the Canary Islands (although I am American, and I work in London). My idea was to check out the One Series. I went in saw it from the front and said "This is going to be our next car." I then got to the side and then the back, and I wanted to like it, I needed to like it, but I just kept thinking this car is "ugly". They had a Mini One on the floor as well, and my eyes just kept going to the Mini. I kept averting them because the Mini was just not practical with three kids, and I knew my wife was not going to like it (she is Spanish and thinks that a Mini is that old, little British car.) The sales guy took me downstairs to look at a One Series in red and grey. Well, while down there my eyes immediately went to a Hyper Blue MCS with white top and sunroof. Now, that is cool looking car. We test drove the One Series, but the whole time I was thinking about that Hyper Blue. When we returned to the dealer, I asked the sales guy about the Mini. He told me that one of the other sales guys had ordered it in Feb, and it had just arrived. I asked him if the other sales guy would be willing to let me buy it instead, so he called him to ask, and the guy said "no," which was to be expected. My sales guy said I could order one, and it would arrive in March, but my mind was made up to buy a car for now not for March. So I took another look at the One Series, went over to Audi to drive the new A3, but I just kept thinking about the MIni. I went back to the dealer and asked him to talk to the other sales guy again, and you know what, the guy said "yes, I will just order another one." So smiling and jumping up and down, I test drove it, and I put down a €1,000 deposit and went home to tell my wife I bought a car. Her first words were "I hope you did not buy a Mini!" Finally, after she drove it, and we argued, and we argued; I even ran out and bought Italian Job because she likes that blonde actress, and she finally said "You make the decision." Of course for those of you who are married you know that that is code for "You better not buy the Mini." So, anyway, I bought it last Monday, and I picked it up on Friday. Oh, I had enough nerve to then ask him for a discount, so he took €500 off.

So what did I buy:

2005 Mini Cooper S
Hyper Blue/White roof and Mirrrors
Sunroof
Chili Pack (don't know what is included in that)
Cordoba Beige/Panther Leather
White Stripes (when my wife saw those she asked me if she needed to wear a helmet)
Xenon lights
Plus a bunch of other stuff.

I absolutely love it. It was fantastic driving it on the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic. Second best decision I made after of course choosing the coolest wife in the world...and yes, I am still married.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
tvheadhunter said:
...and yes, I am still married.
Trust me in ten years time when you have forgotten this incident she will bring it up in
conversation as another example of how irresponsible you are. You NEVER get off scot
free.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nemski said:
The answer is obvious. Buy another MCS!
:D
Perfect answer :D .

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
Start working on the Mini. When she goes to use it, have the bonnet up and some junk parts lying next to the car.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
buy a key from e-bay to hang up for her to take and not be able to get in;)

then tell her the locks are buggered:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.