MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1191 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, This is my first thread :)

I just ordered a Cooper S and was informed by the dealer that it will be for September Production.

Tracking Number: I haven't got one yet, I'll update/edit when I do.

Spec:
Mini Cooper S (2005)
Black Body, Roof and Mirrors
Anthracite Interior Surface
Cordoba Beige Leather
Anthracite headliner (Dealer not sure if it has been phased out already but they will try to order)
Cold Weather Package
Sports Package with All season tires
No bonnet stripes
Multi-function stearing wheel
On board computer
Chrome line interior
Rain sensor + auto dim mirror
H-K sound system
Black rubber floor mats (dealer "install" :D)

It should look somehting like this:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Cool, I'm glad you started the september production thread - I was too shy :)
I've ordered a Cooper, due for production week commencing sept 6th for delivery sept 15th.

Pepper White / Black
Pepper Pack
Sports leather s/w
Manual air con
Sports Seats
SS+

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrats on the order Nemi. About the anthracite, I doubt you'll see it, since they said they were going to stop all production of the headliner *by* September. But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. Also, the interior picture you show is pretty accurate, except you will be getting a three-spoke wheel, not two, in case you didn't already know that.

-mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just started looking at these forums today and i was excited to see that there was a forum for september production minis.

I ordered my mini a little over a week ago at mini of the main line and they gave me a september production date.

MCS 2005
Dark Silver/ Black roof
Premium Package
Xenon Lights
Fog Lights

I am already looking at after market parts to increase performance so if anyone has and advice i would really appreciate it.

·
Wax on, Wax off
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mlebeau said:
Congrats on the order Nemi. About the anthracite, I doubt you'll see it, since they said they were going to stop all production of the headliner *by* September. But who knows, maybe you'll get lucky. Also, the interior picture you show is pretty accurate, except you will be getting a three-spoke wheel, not two, in case you didn't already know that.

-mike
Fingers crossed for the anthacite headliner, but we won't be too upset if we don't get it.
edit: the funny thing is that the delaer has it on their list and to their knowledge no formal anoucmeent it was being phased out or rivised option list....
...then again the delaer didn't even have 2005 coupe broshures, and only one copy of the convertable guide.

three spokes? Great, an extra spoke FREE ! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nemi said:
Fingers crossed for the anthacite headliner, but we won't be too upset if we don't get it.
edit: the funny thing is that the delaer has it on their list and to their knowledge no formal anoucmeent it was being phased out or rivised option list....
...then again the delaer didn't even have 2005 coupe broshures, and only one copy of the convertable guide.

three spokes? Great, an extra spoke FREE ! :D
I ordered antracite in my september production and my dealer didn't say anything to me about maybe not being able to have the antracite.

I was also wondering when you ordered you cars, when the dealer told you it would be done by and if you had a actual date on when they were building your mini?

·
Registered
542 Posts
liljoe1o3o said:
I ordered antracite in my september production and my dealer didn't say anything to me about maybe not being able to have the antracite.
Since when does the dealer know more than us folks on MINI2? :) Indeed, quite the opposite more often than not...

I ordered 6/28, was told I could expect to see my car at the latest by Sept 20, it was a week 32 build, it's in production now, to be finished by Aug 3 and hopefully on the Aug 4 ship to NY, then to Ohio to my dealer, and then to California to me. :) Hope that helps.

-mike

·
Wax on, Wax off
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
liljoe1o3o said:

I was also wondering when you ordered you cars, when the dealer told you it would be done by and if you had a actual date on when they were building your mini?
I was told Sept. production Oct delivery. I have nothing more defiante yet. I'm hoping for a trackign number soon, that shoudl give me a lot more info....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nemi, if you haven't gotten a production number, your dealer hasn't submitted your order. I would lean heavily on them to do so ASAP because the longer they don't do that, the longer you end up waiting for your MINI. :)

-mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
mlebeau said:
Since when does the dealer know more than us folks on MINI2? :) Indeed, quite the opposite more often than not...

I ordered 6/28, was told I could expect to see my car at the latest by Sept 20, it was a week 32 build, it's in production now, to be finished by Aug 3 and hopefully on the Aug 4 ship to NY, then to Ohio to my dealer, and then to California to me. :) Hope that helps.

-mike
I ordered my car on 7/17 and i was told end of september by my dealer. What do you mean when you say it is a week 32 build, do they have previously set up build weeks. If you know were to get information it would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
20 Posts
How long after you recieve your production number does your car leave the on order step to the production stage.

I just spoke to mini and the women informed me that i was in the stage right before actual production and that i was set for week 34 production.

·
Wax on, Wax off
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
liljoe1o3o said:
How long after you recieve your production number does your car leave the on order step to the production stage.

I just spoke to mini and the women informed me that i was in the stage right before actual production and that i was set for week 34 production.

We just heard from the dealership and got our production number and told it would be a week 37 car (mid sept.).

I checked out the produciton number and it matches a red cooper S, no the black one we ordered. The sales guy told us not to worry, they pre-book orders in advance and then change the specs once they get a customer (us) to buy one. He said it should be the correct spec by the end of this week, already in the computer but the system needs to update.

Also - he was unable to find the anthracite headliner option in the electronic order system. so he is cheking on my behlaf if it exisits / exisits and has been phased out / not phased in yet .

:(

·
Registered
542 Posts
liljoe, read the FAQs here or read the other production group threads for how to get more information. It's all out here, just gotta take a second to read. :)

Nemi, yeah as a Week 37, I'd say there's very little chance you'll get the anthracite. Don't worry about the Owners Lounge info quite yet - mine also said the wrong car at first, and this is normal. Give it a few days.

-mike

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I think like SPRITE that mines goin' into production on the 6th of september but was given a delivery date around the 17th ,give or take a day or two.Mine is also PW but its a MINI ONE.I asked the guy at MINI if he had the production number and he gave me the number that he uses when checkin' out my order on his computer.Is this likely to be the number you can track it with.?and how do you track it? MY SPEC IS......
PW MINI ONE
pepper pack
17"s spokes
three spoke leather multi function steering wheel
Harmon Kardon
space saver spare wheel
red sports seats
panoramic glass sunroof
visibility pack
6 cd changer
heated mirrors and washer jets
i'm sure i've forgotten somethings but you get the idea.Trouble with this being my second MINI is that now i have to have all the options that i wished i'd put on my first one(see gallery)Glad this thread has started cos now it feels that little bit closer!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
zyo,

Your production number should be 7 digits long. For reference the ones we have in July and August look like: 74740xx or something like it (that is mine, with the last two digits x'd out). If the number ou have looks something like this, that's your prod #, and you can use it to sign up at the Owners Lounge at ol.miniusa.com.

-mike

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Thanks,the guy at MINI gave me a seven digit number ..1477023,is that it then.Apparently my car is at 1100 then it goes to 1200 then production is imminent.My current MINI ONE was only a five week wait,this is obviously longer i ordered it on the 1st of july

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi zyo
Looks like our minis will be brothers hehe! I'm going on the factory tour on the 6th Sept as I work in Oxford anyways. When I asked my sales person at the dealership she said only USA customers can track their minis - not UK folk - lord knows why! Seems most unfair!
Good colour choice by the way ;-)

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Yeah sprite,i found that out when i tried to register on miniusa.com.,oh well i'll just have to content myself with this thread in the knowledge that all of you are in the same boat.I went on the factory tour last August.Small problem getting there .Everything was goin' fine when i was following my rac routefinder thing but then i thought as we were getting closer it might be better to follow BMWs directions.How wrong could i have been.They were not wrong on their own but when switching fom one set of directions to the other it all went a bit pear shaped.We were supposed to be there at 9.00 am i think but we were nearly half an hour late and the bus that carries you down to the factory was literally pulling away as we reached the back of it.I asked the guard on the gate and he said you'll have to phone and rearrange.'But i've come about 130miles' i said'.Fortunately there was another trip in the afternoon so we got on that.Ironically someone who was meant to go in the afternoon took our place in the morning so it worked out alright.I'm sure you will find the plant fantastic,you can see the counter which says how many cars have gone through(when i was there they were doing 600 cars a day,don't know if production has been upped since then)when you come past it a few minutes later its quite surprising how many have gone through.Hope you have a good time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds cool zyo! I bought my mini a present on Tuesday - sad or what! Got a pair of Alpine speakers (6x9) coz they're on special offer at my local car audio place - half price! Cool. Juts have to save up for the rest of my Audio stuff - oh, and wait for mini to arrive!

·
Wax on, Wax off
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I just cheked my production number at the owners lounge

ol.miniusa.com

And the exterior color, and interior color are correct, but it is not listing ANY factory installed options. Is this normal?

Help ! :(

1 - 20 of 1191 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
60 Participants
Meg
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing