MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the sadest days I've had for a long time. I have just put my beloved Cooper S up for sale. :(

After trying for kids for several years, my wife and I decided that it was not to be. So to cheers ourselves up, we ordered our mini back in Jan 2003, it was delivered on June 16th. Three months later the wife gives me the good news....Shes pregnant :eek: :D .

After several oh My God's....and then tears of joy. I thought what about our mini. Not the most pratical car for kids. However I thought we'd give it a go and see how we got on. After three months of trying to use the Mini, ( can't beleive how much crap have to take with you) It' just not practical....So shes got to go...The car that is. ;) I have ordered the dreaded family/pratical car...well almost.

Over the two years of being a mameber I have found this site to be both interesting and helpful. I hope in the future we will return to the mini ownership side, until then i will still be following the forums, to see whats going on. :p

I hope the eventual new owner sends me piccies over the coming years. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
he Mike,

Sorry to here this...

Was/is the mini your only car?
I would like to have an S also, but my girlfriend is also pregnant :D
Luckily we have two cars, but still i am afraid that i have to wait some years before the mini is back in the picture! :confused:

Greetzz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Wife has a BMW 3 series, and to be honest. it's not much better space wise. Just putting the pram in the boot takes up all the space. Plus we can't turn of the air bag in the front. BMW said they will deactivate it, but it will cost 300 quid!!!!!

Oh well. Hope the new VW gives me tha same pleasure as the mini :( . Some how i don't think it will....

Congrates on your news by the way.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
So what VW are you getting instead?! :confused:

BTW, Congrats! ;)

·
MINI2 Irritant
951 Posts
So why sell the mini

We had our daughter & kept our mini..........sure the mrs aint after all the latest mod cons from mothercare!!!! - take my advice keep the mini and buy baby stuff 2nd hand...as the little sprog will only chunder everything anyway

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cooper76 said:
So what VW are you getting instead?! :confused:

BTW, Congrats! ;)

VW Toe-rag. 3.0 TDV6 :D . Thought what the hell go for the complete opposite.

There are other factors that influenced our choice, that I have not previously mentioned. My dad is now in a wheel chair and on permenant oxygen. (emphysema). So I needed to get a car/4x4/a-team truck to take my Daughter, the pram, cott bed, Dad, Wheel chair, Wife, Mother, oxygen cyls, oxygen compressor and weekend bags...pheww...Thinking about it, I might need a bigger car.

The things you give up for Kids and Family. :rolleyes: Looking back we should have bought a fleet on Minis and gone on an Italian Job holiday. :D :D :D

Just need to find a loving home for my mini. I will be advertising it here in the for sale section, as soon as i get authorisation for signing up to the priv membership. Come on Paul give us the Nod ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Have you not considered getting an M3 - Bradley that is?

Okay, as a tracked armoured infantry fighting vehicle weighing several 10's of tons the fuel economy won't be great, but parking where you want will never be a problem...

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Mike Edwards said:
Have you not considered getting an M3 - Bradley that is?

Okay, as a tracked armoured infantry fighting vehicle weighing several 10's of tons the fuel economy won't be great, but parking where you want will never be a problem...
Yeah, and definitely get the .50 cal option.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congrats on the child, but it's sad to hear that you have to get rid of the car.

Our daughter is now seven weeks old and my wife and I are about to start a trip of over 3000kms in our MCS. We've already done a few practice trips and so far everything fits in well. Obviously having to drive your dad around who is sick, really changes the picture.

Enjoy your new car.

Dutchy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
steebo777 said:
Sorry to hear you must get rid of the MINI. Glad to hear about the youngin' though :D

Thanks for all the comments. However i plan to stick around the forum, and hopefully we will return to the ownership side one day. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts