MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
I know what you mean about no decent roads in London. However, a few weeks ago whilst travelling back from Worthing I found the A24, which was fast and fun. Very popular with bikers around Boxhill (fast twisty bits) and only a few cameras too. Plus you could get yourself JCW'd at the John Cooper garages in Worthing!!!

My favourite road is a B road linking Broad Hinton to Marlborough in Wilts. It's unclassifed I think, but the Lat & Long is thus: 51.4789, -1.8320. The road was always being used by the Top Gear crew (back in the day, when it was on during week) and in fact tonight's 5th Gear were testing the new LR Discovery on it!

· Registered
119 Posts
Harpo said:
Dead right cozzers - that was part of the Ridgeway Meet back in May (which if my memory serves me correctly you sort of unwittingly took part in, later on in Baydon)
Yes! I remember spotting that road on one of the videos that scooperman-uk made. Wish I'd joined the full run now, although it was a great sight when 40 odd MINI's appeared over the horizon :D

Maybe next year? Plus my black MC has been replaced with a HB MCS so I should give you all a run for your money on the Marlborough road!

· Registered
119 Posts
Rich C said:
Ahh, the A354 - used to commute that everyday - made the 100mile round trip almost worthwhile.

Used to be pretty exciting when the Ferrari garage was in Pimperne - you'd see a red dot a couple of hills behind you then WOOOSSSHHH!
Was the garage owned by Nigel Mansell at one point? I seem to remember my Dad making that one of his favourite roads when he had his Alfa 164 Cloverleaf. I still can't work out which side of the road we were meant to be on :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.