MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quinny Zapp pushchair buggy

I've been meaning to add the pictures of our set up for a while and i've finally got round to it today!! ( click to enlarge)

Quinny Zapp buggy fitted in conjuction with a Maxi cosi cabrio car seat . This set up acts as a complete travel system from birth up (although you would need an alterantive car seat once the child outgrows group 0+)

The Zapp fits into the boot/trunk of our 2005 mini cooper convertible with no trouble at all. We even do our weekly shop and still manage just fine.

·
StumpyPete
26 Posts
Picked up our R56 Cooper in December, and expecting child no.2 in February. We had a lot of stuff from child number 1 (car seat etc.) so we only needed to get a from-birth pushchair that could fit in the boot. Didn't want to go the Zapp or Bugaboo route as that would mean buying a new car seat as well (our current car seat is ok for the Mini). So we ended up with the Combi Dash DX. It fits perfectly into the R56 boot, and leaves loads of space to fit a few carrier bags + changing bag too, and it was only just over £100!!

Don't go for the standard Combi Dash as it is only for 3months +. The DX is specifically for use from birth, and it comes in better colours!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a Quinny Zapp which fits in the boot great, and still with room for a shopping bag or two. Car seat - limited with choice, but using Britax Elite (discontinued now) - few and far between to find, worth the hunt - unless you want to pay BMW prices!

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Just been out trial packing the cars to see what does, and doesn't fit - now that we are 3 :D

So, what we have here is:

In the boot - Samsonite trolley case (pictured is the MINI specific one, but a standard one fits fine too) and a Bugaboo Cameleon frame (wheels off and stored on the boot floor).

With one seat down, the Cameleon carrycot fits, strapped in using the passenger seatbelt (because of the way it all wedges in, it barely moves when out and about - it survived the Hightown bends test, Mikey ;) ).

We can fit a weekend's worth of clobber for the 3 of us between the trolley case and the carrycot. As you can see in the photo there is still oddments space in the boot for small bags, jackets etc (packed on top of the case, around the frame).

Car seat is a Maxi Cosi Cabrio on an Isofix base. The Bugaboo change bag fits conveniently behind the passenger seat.

The Bugaboo Cameleon frame fits in the boot with the seats up and one wheel removed, ideal for using with the car seat. Again, there is oddments space around the frame for a few small shopping bags. Alternatively, one could always try Ocado :p

Hope this helps :)

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Blimey

That looks huge!

We very nearly went for the chamelon as we loved the design, but we thought it would be too big for the car so went down the Quinny Zapp route instead.

Now I'm wondering if we should have gone for the Bugaboo instead after all. Hey-ho, you pays your money and you takes your chances...........

Cheers

S:yeblack:

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
That looks huge!

We very nearly went for the chamelon as we loved the design, but we thought it would be too big for the car so went down the Quinny Zapp route instead.

Now I'm wondering if we should have gone for the Bugaboo instead after all. Hey-ho, you pays your money and you takes your chances...........

Cheers

You finding the Quinny Zapp ok to use etc?
I am thinking for practicality getting this pushchair, now just need to decide the Seat (forward facing) Stage 1...

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Too early to tell yet

The sprog is not with us yet (build date in May 8th), so so far all the Zapp has done is trundle round the house a few times .

I've prodded it a few times and it feels strudy enough, only thing I don't like too much is the way it connects to the infant carrier (but you won't have this issue to worry about if your in series 1). But it does fit in the boot without having to drop a seat or lift the parcel shelf.

Cheers

·
I went but now I'm back
82 Posts
Well I was looking at getting another mini as we needed a swcond car. Due to child on the way and I still miss my Mini however when I looked and remembered how small the boot was there was no way of convincing my significant other it would be practical. So accross the road we went and bought the 1 Series :(

However it is surprisingly fun to drive with the same rock hard suspension which I loved about the mini and the turn in is superb. But its not a mini and cost the same as a cooper s.

·
I went but now I'm back
82 Posts
As for prams that fit in the boot I'm pretty sure the Tiny Quinny is the only one which will fit without moving the parcel shelf

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
Yep - Bugaboo Chameleon fits in the boot with the wheels removed (easy to do). Don't even have to remove the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ultimate mini stroller: quinny ZAPP

from our research there is only 1 stroller that will fit in the boot, and that is the quinny zapp. i cant yet post a URL on this site (how lame is that), but just type in quinny.com/zapp/ and you;ll find it.

they are super safe, super well designed, and super cool. they are just becoming available in the states, but if you need one now you can buy one from babydealz, but id call them as its impossible to find on their site 800.448.2484

ill try to take a pic of it in the boot, but it definitely fits. it even fits in an airliner overhead compartment! its tiny.

dav.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
from our research there is only 1 stroller that will fit in the boot, and that is the quinny zapp. i cant yet post a URL on this site (how lame is that), but just type in quinny.com/zapp/ and you;ll find it.

they are super safe, super well designed, and super cool. they are just becoming available in the states, but if you need one now you can buy one from babydealz, but id call them as its impossible to find on their site 800.448.2484

ill try to take a pic of it in the boot, but it definitely fits. it even fits in an airliner overhead compartment! its tiny.

dav.
If you read all the thread first you will see that has been mentioned, second you'd see that its not the only one that will fit;)

As for becoming available in the States the delay was due to different standards to Europe, and I also believe there is a 4 wheel version coming out there too which we don't have here yet:)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
...that is the quinny zapp. i cant yet post a URL on this site (how lame is that), but just type in quinny.com/zapp/ and you;ll find it....
Lot less lame than having a load of spammers, which we had before the rules came in. ;)

Try a quick search for quinny zapp and you'll find a lot of threads with information too, eg:

Check this out from 2004. :p :D http://www.mini2.com/forum/1217828-post60.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if the micralite pushchair fits into the boot of the mc without the parcel shelf removed? Have a Zapp at the mo but would like a pushchaire that reclines.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in urgent need of a buggy that wll fit in my mc but zapp doesnt recline. There is another one that came out end of last month that i found in a search but stupid me cant remember the name of it. I know it is 3 letters. If anyone finds it let me know will ya cos it driving me crackers!!!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.