MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi everyone, I only collected my R56 MCS a few months ago and have know just had the great news that my wife is pregnant and its twins, which is great news as we have been trying for about 4 years for a baby.

So my question is....does anyone know if there is any type of double pushchair that I could somehow squeeze into the boot of my MINI. I know its a long shot but I thought worth asking all you parents out there.

Thanks
twin aria is worth a try, but parcel shelf will have to be out I'd guess, but otherwise I haven't a clue as most twins are HUGE!!!!:(

Oh and congrats on the good news:)

·
bye bye MINI hello 206
4,313 Posts
Ahhh poor MINI, you have tomake the MINI practical :p
If i earned more money i would...but its taking about half my monthly wage (yes my pay is rubbish for full time Government work) -still awaiting a pay-review :eek: ....so i had to think with my head instead of my heart........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Jane Powertwin will fit in the boot of an R53, but you have to remove the rear wheels (of the oushchair, not the MINI!). I know, we have used one for the last 9 months!!!
You can leave the parcel shelf in place, but the pram only goes in one way around, The front wheel has to be facing you (and unclipped so it fold down slightly) as you put it in, and on the left hand side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bugaboo chameleon fits!

Was a little confused by all the postings re what fits and what doesn't and just want to add that the bugaboo chameleon frame fits sideways in the boot of a '55 mini one with only the top easy release wheel removed - parecel shelf still on.

The Quinny Buzz fits also with both wheels off - parcel shelf still on.

Hope this helps!

:red:

·
Registered
5 Posts
buggy

Hi all,
i need some help please........................... i have just brought my mini and have two children i have managed to buy a buggy that fits in the boot (a luna form mamas and papas) but doesnt lay flat in the boot as is a square shape is there a buggy apart from the quinny zapp that fits in as my daughter is only one and still needs to lay down....?

Ive read alot about the silver cross that fit does the buggy have a name so i can have a look on the net?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The Silver Cross that you are thinking of is the Compact, its no longer made, and I wouldn't recommend buying a second hand one as they weren't all that good from new.

If you read all of this thread and some of the others in the forum you'll see the pushchairs that others have brought and which fit in the boot of the MINI.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yeah, we've got a little while to go yet. Just checking the options. ;)
as much as it pains me, might be worth checking out the new Bugaboo bee, launchs in the UK in December, I'll get to see it in a few weeks, so will let you know what I think;)
Thanks Rakey. :cool:
Well I saw the Bugaboo Bee this weekend, must say I was disapointed in the product, its nothing fantastic, its got an awful lot of moving parts, and the ones that I saw being demo'd had lots of tubing marks from the use they had.

Intial reports on some of the forums where people have ordered them from the US with bits falling off after a short time.

It looked more like they were cashing in on the brand with this new product, its nothing revolutionary.

New products that are coming out that might interest you though Abi are the new Pliko from M&P, same style chassis, but with a full reversible seat, and they have another called the Skate too, which is a new style of chassis, where the seat converts into a carrycot so no need to buy a seperate carrycot. Not sure how good they will be, but they are the new things that will be the new must have products for the autumn I think, oh and the new Quinny 4 wheeled Buzz.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - just joined in order to try and find a suitable buggy to fit my '02 Mini One. The baby is due in December, and I've tried a couple of options already with no luck (couldn't get the bebe Loola to fit).
Looks like the Quinny is an option, and I'm looking at the M&P Luna tomorrow.
Can anyone tell me how practical it is to use a car seat as part of a travel system when you have to get the seat in and out of the Mini? In my brief experience of trying to fit a car seat, I couldn't see myself being able to get it in or out of the back seat without seriously disturbing a baby or tipping it upside down...

Also, has anyone got any experience of the Phil&Ted Sport? I've seen it folded down but i'm not sure it'll fit the boot (will try it tomorrow)

Thanks

·
Bugaboo Racer
1,559 Posts
From our experience, as long as you have isofix and are reasonably fit then it's OK. We use the maxi-cosi cabrio on isofix base - dead easy to unclip the seat and lift it out (you quickly work out the angles so not as to bash the baby off the back of the seat/roof!)

Katie is 8 months now (and just under 16lbs) so we now tend to take her out of the seat (rather than remove the seat altogether). We find it easier to climb into the back seat, lift her out and then carry out the driver's side. Not ideal being on the driver's side I know, but no different than a practical Clubman!

Pram wise, we went Bugaboo Cameleon (clip wheels off and it fits in the boot with space to spare) which made a travel system with the car seat. We now have a Quinny Zapp too which is specifically for the MINI.

Good luck for December - hope all goes well :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well I saw the Bugaboo Bee this weekend, must say I was disapointed in the product, its nothing fantastic, its got an awful lot of moving parts, and the ones that I saw being demo'd had lots of tubing marks from the use they had.

Intial reports on some of the forums where people have ordered them from the US with bits falling off after a short time.

It looked more like they were cashing in on the brand with this new product, its nothing revolutionary.

New products that are coming out that might interest you though Abi are the new Pliko from M&P, same style chassis, but with a full reversible seat, and they have another called the Skate too, which is a new style of chassis, where the seat converts into a carrycot so no need to buy a seperate carrycot. Not sure how good they will be, but they are the new things that will be the new must have products for the autumn I think, oh and the new Quinny 4 wheeled Buzz.
Sounds interesting - keep me posted :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
From our experience, as long as you have isofix and are reasonably fit then it's OK. We use the maxi-cosi cabrio on isofix base - dead easy to unclip the seat and lift it out (you quickly work out the angles so not as to bash the baby off the back of the seat/roof!)

Katie is 8 months now (and just under 16lbs) so we now tend to take her out of the seat (rather than remove the seat altogether). We find it easier to climb into the back seat, lift her out and then carry out the driver's side. Not ideal being on the driver's side I know, but no different than a practical Clubman!

Pram wise, we went Bugaboo Cameleon (clip wheels off and it fits in the boot with space to spare) which made a travel system with the car seat. We now have a Quinny Zapp too which is specifically for the MINI.

Good luck for December - hope all goes well :)
Thanks colink - i'm not sure my mini has isofix (I can't feel any fixing points on the seats) perhaps its too early a model for that (June 02)?

Glad to hear the Cameleon fits - that's another option then. I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work - I'm not losing the mini!

·
MINI gone - not forgotten
59 Posts
Hey roo jordan,

we opted for a quinny buzz - after loads of deliberation and trying various models - the buzz fits in the boot although we pop off one of the wheels.

As far as car seats go - we went for the Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix.

As well as an iso-fix base (EasyFix base) they also do another base called the Easybase. This is suitable for cars without Iso-fix as it uses a seatbelt to attach. The beauty of this is that you can mount the base once (even has colour indicators to tell you it is fitted correctly) and then simply pop the cabriofix seat in and out.

Like you we have an 2002 car (september build) - from when iso fix was still a cost option (and babies weren't front of mind for us).

The easiest way to tel if your car has iso fix is to look for four rectangular plastic covers (they are fairly obvious) one either side of the seat belt clip and one at the edge nearest the window of each back seat. Oh yes - they are on the seat base part - not the folding bits.

Meant to add that the info above is theoretical as our wee one is due next week!

Good luck with your impending arrival....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks miniredcooper,

We definitely don't have the isofix, and after a trip to Mamas&Papas on Friday I think we'll go for the Luna along with their infant seat - although it's not quite as easy to slot in the boot as their marketing suggests!

Thanks for your help, and good luck for your wee one!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks miniredcooper,

We definitely don't have the isofix, and after a trip to Mamas&Papas on Friday I think we'll go for the Luna along with their infant seat - although it's not quite as easy to slot in the boot as their marketing suggests!

Thanks for your help, and good luck for your wee one!
Is the Luna from birth?

I know its not rearward facing, unless you use the car seat, and you shouldn't use a car seat for more than 2 hrs.

Its not a great product, and if you read some of the parenting forums you'll see what I mean, many have brought it and then got rid of it, as its very cheaply made

·
Registered
6 Posts
Luna is from birth, although not truly lie-flat. I know it's not rearward facing, but we're going to have to compromise somewhere in order to fit a buggy in the boot without having to put one of the seats down.

I've had a look at some of the forums, but didn't realise it was so unpopular - i'll double check - thanks for the warning. It seemed okay in the store though. To be honest the whole process of choosing a buggy is starting to make my head hurt, and Luna had seemed like a reasonable compromise between something that was relatively sturdy and had space for shopping and something that would fit in the car.

Any other suggestions gratefully received - I couldn't fit the loola in the boot, and i'm not sure what else fits the bill from birth - i'll check back over this forum.

Thanks for your help though.

·
MINI gone - not forgotten
59 Posts
Know what you mean about all this searching making your head hurt. :confused: There is a whole world out there of weird and wonderful baby stuff that I was previously happily oblivious to. (total aside but have you seen the Mothercare 'baby in a bucket' - the bath that looks just like a bucket - made me laugh out loud.) At least you could use the bucket to wash the car once the baby has outgrown of course.

Go with what suits you best is my opinion - if it is the M&P one for you, great .

We found Mothercare (big out of town stores) really good when looking - they were up for letting us try various models for fit in the MINI boot - i would say don't be afraid to ask...

Also a big independent up here in Scotland 'Glasgow Pram Centre' were excellent and really helpful (we bought from them in the end) - huge range and great prices and again took everything outside to try and fit various systems in the car.(secretly I think the assistant was willing us to just get a different car in the end). Even trial fitted the car seat/base combination before we bought.

As I said we went for a Quinny Buzz - the carrycot/flat pram bit needs one of the seats down - but hey - it's only for the first six months or so. The rest fits in the boot ok. And the pram centre had a great deal on last years model - like i'd notice the difference......

Good luck.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Luna is from birth, although not truly lie-flat. I know it's not rearward facing, but we're going to have to compromise somewhere in order to fit a buggy in the boot without having to put one of the seats down.

I've had a look at some of the forums, but didn't realise it was so unpopular - i'll double check - thanks for the warning. It seemed okay in the store though. To be honest the whole process of choosing a buggy is starting to make my head hurt, and Luna had seemed like a reasonable compromise between something that was relatively sturdy and had space for shopping and something that would fit in the car.

Any other suggestions gratefully received - I couldn't fit the loola in the boot, and i'm not sure what else fits the bill from birth - i'll check back over this forum.

Thanks for your help though.
When is the baby due?

Just that the Britax Vigour 4+ is what the Luna is a rip off of, but it has a reversible seat, not from birth as a pushchair, but there is a carry cot available and something else coming out early next year that might be what you are looking for;)

41 - 60 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.