MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
I went but now I'm back
82 Posts
The Mutzy Spider might be a good bet to try and get in, it folds up very small very easily.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We just bought a Petit Star Zia. Fits flat on the floor of the boot without having to dismantle anything! Pushchair is pretty good really. suitable from birth, feels solid. Though doesnt have many pockets and the shopping basket is pretty small. Would be great if the handles extended too. For a hundred quid i think its a really good buy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We just bought a Petit Star Zia. Fits flat on the floor of the boot without having to dismantle anything! Pushchair is pretty good really. suitable from birth, feels solid. Though doesnt have many pockets and the shopping basket is pretty small. Would be great if the handles extended too. For a hundred quid i think its a really good buy.
We have the Zia as well, a good buy for the mini! I can squeeze a few bags of shopping in too:smile:

·
Registered
36 Posts
How about a Cabrio boot?

This forum has been great and has lots of ideas for push chairs that fit in a MINI. However I think the Quinny Zapp is the only one specifically quoted as fitting in a Cabrio boot (right back at the start of the thread).

My question then, which models will fit the smaller boot of a Cabrio? To be specific, I'm only interested if the thing fits with the roof down (and ideally without needing the easy access mechanism - which requires the roof up). I am also in Australia which limits which brands are readily available but will be heading back to the UK in August, so that improves my options. Nathan will be 7 months by then so I don't need anything 'from birth'. We already have a Steelcraft Stridor (a massive beast, that we are very happy with) for use most of the time, in my wife's boring car (Toyota Camery). I'd consider things that fit in the seat behind the driver, bearing in mind I have my seat back as far as it will go. I know I'm being fussy, but that's me!

Potentials:

Quinny Zapp - I know this one fits from ChapSimon's photos
Britax Verve - not officially available in Australia
Bugaboo Bee - probably too long at 88cm (according to their website)

Am I missing any? Any opinions as to quality would also be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Daughter is now coming up for 20 months and we have got on just fine with my Cooper S.

The best combo in my opinion is a Quinny and Maxi cosy car seat as they clip into one another.

When she was small (0-12months) we had a Quinny Buzz and the rear facing Maxi Cosi Cabrio car seat which clipped strainght into the base of the Quinny. The Buzz fitted in the boot sidewards if you removed the wheels and seat although this did get a little tedious to assemble it each time. After about a year of use the Buzz gave up the ghost with various issues like bolts shearing off, handle falling actually too many to list so we decided to go for a Quinny Zapp which also has the ability accept a Maxi Cosy car seat and fits perfectly in the boot when folded.

As she started to grow out of the rear facing car seat we decided to go for the Maxi Cosi Priory XP which works great and is rock solid. We did look at the ISOFIX seats but found the ones with the base arm stability attachment too big plus they were almost £250.

The Zapp now works fine as a nice city stroller and even leaves some room for shopping in the boot.

·
MINI2 Citizen
19 Posts
On the hunt for the best combination of seat and pushchair. Although the mcs is the second car we still need the option of using the mini and would like to be able to fit the pushchair in the boot and use the seat in the back. Baby due in a few months and would also like a pushchair has the ability to lie flat.

I know there is lots of info on here already but is there any chance of a single post with all of the data in one place stating what fits / doesn't fit etc....

Any Ideas??

Oh yes, anyone know much about the sproggs speedster?

·
Registered
4 Posts
:red:the Quinny Buzz fits in the boot (even with a 6disk CD changer!) with the seat unit.

you have to take the wheels off (but thats easy)and take off the bumper bar (although i dont use this anyway)

there is a nack to putting it in.

1. put the seat unit in (bumper bar removed, leg rest down) on its side facing towards you so the CD chsanger is next to the leg rest
  2. take the wheels off
  3. put the frame in on its side so the front wheel is next to the top of teh seat unit
  4. put the wheels in the space between the seat unit leg rest and the back of the seats
  5. shut the boot SLOWLY as the frame needs so slide past the light in the back window
hope this makes sense!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to this thread I purchased a Britax verve & it fits in my mini perfectly with enough space dor change bag and a few other bits & bobs :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been meaning to post for ages about the Phil and Teds buggy. I have 2 kids, and both have been very happy in the mini. The Phil and TEds E3 sport fits easily in the buggy - quick release 2nd seat and quick release rear wheels - this takes no longer than collapsing a standard buggy once you get used to it. I have a Cooper. there is room for a few small bags and handbag in the boot as well once the buggy has been fitted. For big journeys, the buggy has a fold flat system, all 3 wheels can be removed and the handle folded flat. this way ,it stands up in the boot, giving enough space for a medim sized suitcase in the space to the side. I have travelled in comfort with 2 children and a boot and passenger seat full of the same amout of stuff that would fit in a 'normal' car. If you are expecting children, or expecting a 2nd child, there is no reason to sell your mini. Please dont buy boring cars just because you are having children!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jane Carrera Pro

Just thought I would pop back to report on the use and abuse of the Jane Carrera Pro!!

My daughter - Charlotte - popped into the world on 9 May 2008 - and she is very happy in her buggy!!

It has met with approval from Dad and Grandad as the height of the handle is adjustable, it is very manouverable and light enough to not have to strain yourself too much!! And of course fits in the back of the Mini like a dream.

I also got the MaxiCosi Cabriofix car seat which fits in using the Isofit points - a bit of a faff to get in and out (it will get easier with practice I am sure) but Charlotte sleeps like a log so getting her in and out doesn't make a huge amount of difference. You can't have a tall person sitting in the front though - due to the size of it the passenger seat has to be quite a long way forward.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
130 Replies
50 Participants
lizziemini
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing