MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a test drive today in a 05 MCS and all through I was just sat there with a :D
Drove an older model last week and it rattled and banged over every bump. Today it was a different car, no rattles and even the runflats seemed to give a nice comfy ride :)

Quote of the day from my saleslady "errrrrrrr aren't you worried about your licence??" :p :D :cool: There was a Prodrive Imprezza behind me ;)

Wow is all I can say.....plus roll on January when my car arrives........yes I placed my order straight away :D

For all you spec addicts, read and digest.........

05 MCS
Chilli Red/ White Roof/ Black Mirror Caps :red:
Black Gravity Leather
Chilli Pack (you all know what's in there)
Auto A/C
DSC
Electric Folding Mirrors
Heated Mirrors/ Washer Jets
White Bonnet Stripes
Chrome interior
Visibility pack
Rain Sensor
Anthracite Roof Lining
Anthracite Interior
Heated Front Seats

I had agonised over colour for ages, CR/W, PW/B or HB/W but settled on red as I miss my previous red car, I love a clean red car :cool:
Will probably add driving lights later as I've read poor reports of the OEM ones with regards to rusting.
ICE will be installed by me when it warms up outside.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats :)

Great! welcome to the club.

The waiting part is the worst by far. I placed my order October 1, 2004 and I can not stop
checking the progress on the dam owners site.

Patience and Best of Luck with your new Mini.

Best Regards
:dsblack:

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea yea, I might be at the back of the que for now, but it could have been worse (Feb :eek: )........I only got this slot cos someone else was lucky enuff to get bumped up to Dec (dodgy dealings behind the scenes....so I'm told) (wonder if my nice saleslady is reading this :confused: if so hello :) :rolleyes: )

Yup the waitings hard.....specially when the local radio DJ keeps wittering on about how she's just got hers and how much fun it is and how she loves it .........might have to change radio stations while I'm waiting for mine :(

Ah well, thats one day gone.........sigh

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davislove3rd said:
well done! nice spec BTW........... ;)

I've been waiting 4.5 months and finally saw my car at the dealer today!!!!!!!! very nice, pick it up next saturday and will post :D
Cheers :) Will be looking out for your pics next week, enjoy

Why does the PW/B combo keep calling to me :confused: :(

:whblack:pick me pick me
:red: no, you've already picked me, don't put me back

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

·
The new improved ScottyG!
949 Posts
Think yourself lucky, some of us have to wait until March next year.....and i've been waiting a month already! :rolleyes: :D

What's worse is i have lost interest in my current S due to the new one coming....gone from cleaning once a week to not having cleaned it for 2 months! :eek: :)

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
Nice spec and don't worry the wait isn't that bad, you just need to keep talking about it to everybody, then they get psd off with you and then you stop for a while, then start with the banter again!!! it's a cycle. But it helps the time fly by!

Mine is delivered to the dealer tomorrow, mmmmm wonder what I will be doing in my lunch hour!

I just can't wait till 10.00am next Wed!

Tom

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right then, it's time to start those annoying calls to the dealer :D

Having just seen PW up close and in real life, I have decided to change the colour to PW/B with black stripes :D :D :D
A huge thank you goes to Bianchiboy for coming over to show me his MINI, it looks fantastic.

If you are wondering about this colour, you have to see it in the flesh, all the pics in the world do not do it justice.

I had thought of the Lapis Blue interior, but am staying with Black

Following the colour change, it now makes it dead easy to name my MINI, Pepé :D

Hurry up January, yes I know it will be cold, short days, lots of rain (no change there!) maybe snow, but I'm getting Pepé then :D

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Updated spec today.........and price :rolleyes:

05 MCS
Pepper White/ Black Roof/ Black Mirror Caps
Black Cloth/leather (Full leather re-trim planned http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78357 :D)
Chilli Pack
- 3 Spoke Spts Lea Wheel
- 17" Bullets Alloy Wheels
- Velour Floor Mats
- Pass. Seat Height Adj.
- Storage Compartment Pack
- Front Foglights
- Xenon Headlights & Wash
- Air Conditioning Auto
- Trip Computer
- Interior Light Package
-Radio/Cassette WAVE
-LSD

Visibility pack
-Rain Sensor
-Auto Headlight On
-Auto Dimming Mirror
-Heated Front Screen

DSC
Electric Folding Mirrors
Heated Mirrors/ Washer Jets
Chrome interior
Anthracite Roof Lining
Anthracite Interior
Heated Front Seats
Park Distance Control

After collection

Black Bonnet Stripes (GT2's from idlegear.co.uk)
Hella Spots

Don't think I've missed anything out, but my delivery date has moved back a month, now expected at the dealer 11 Feb, and I thought the wait till Jan was bad........sigh........but it'll be worth it :D

Then a trip to mikeythemini is in order I think :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.