MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was so cute today, he borrowed my car and when he came home he looked all confused and started telling me he saw another Cooper in my colours and he was totally baffled at why the other driver would wave at him? He was explaining the whole thing in detail as if the other guy was a bit mad.....To be fair it doesn't happen a lot round these parts but it was so funny, I just said "Did ya wave back?" and he said he did, so I told him that was all that mattered. He just couldn't get why I was so happy about it either....Oh some people - he's from the "It's just a car" mindset, but I think little things like today are swaying him slightly. But it was really funny

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
At least yours waved back my mam gets all embarresed for some reason hehe
She only waves if they do it first :)

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I missed a chance to wave at a woman driving a black ONE today, I was putting on my sunglasses at the time, she started to wave, and when she saw I wasn't waving back, she stopped and was all embarassed............:(

Oh dear, and me such a stalwart in here, I feel so guilty...........:eek:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one really ever waves at me, I think it's cuz I'm a girl, I don't wave at girls like me because they usually give you a weird look like you've recently escaped from somewhere...maybe that's why. Women usually don't notice you to wave back, guys usually do though. I wish more girls were in to cars

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D ha, there's so many girls driving MINI's though, and they just don't appreciate them! There missing out on lots I think!

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
MINI Lou...that is too funny about your Dad. My Dad kind of gets a kick out of the whole MINI thing. He is a member of an online forum for his car too, however the owners are a bit more rich and snotty.
I notice that fewer woman wave in MINI's then men. I thought I was the only dork at school with a MINI who would park next to another MINI if I had the chance. But today I came out and a CR/W MCS was parked behind me. I know it's a girl who drives it too cause I have seen her. Maybe they have the same car obsession but don't express it as much as we do.
Oh, and a lot of my guy friends and even the girls can't believe how much I am into cars, especially my MINI. You know how many people looked at me like I was crazy when I said I was going to a MINI meet.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My Mum was oblivious to the waves when I lent her my car for a few hours :rolleyes:

Much as she loved the motor, it was worrying that she found it really really hard to get the six speed Getrag into reverse :confused:

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
maganoo said:
I thought I was the only dork at school with a MINI who would park next to another MINI if I had the chance. But today I came out and a CR/W MCS was parked behind me. I know it's a girl who drives it too cause I have seen her. Maybe they have the same car obsession but don't express it as much as we do.
Yeah, that happens around here with BMWs too. Most people here who own them are enthusiasts, not poseur-wannabes and hairdressers. So it is not very rare to park your BMW in some far-out place in the parking lot and come back to see another one right next to it, the only two cars within 50 metres of any other. Hahahaha... :D It's a fun feeling.

·
It'll be here soon!!!
72 Posts
Waving

Don't worry, this chickie will be waving to all of you once I get my MINI! I'm afraid that I'd even start waving at MINI drivers while I'm still driving my Corsica. THAT would cause confusion.... :cool:

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Mini Lou said:
:D ha, there's so many girls driving MINI's though, and they just don't appreciate them! There missing out on lots I think!
I find that more girls wave than guys, the guys give you a weird look if you wave or flash.

·
Registered
514 Posts
What style wave is customary around the world? I've begun to notice that the wave I get from others here around D.C. is more of a two-finger, v-shaped salute. Is that a standard signal or do some folks still do that all out hand wave?

·
MINI2 Regular
438 Posts
I think it's great that you've got your Dad into the Mini Wave. :)

My dad's just getting the hang of it.

Which is just as well as my sister gets her mini in a few weeks as well, and her boyfriend has just brought his first mini.

My Dad reckons it's gonna look like a Mini car show at our house.
I can't see what he's point is myself. :rolleyes: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.