MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there i was enjoying my lovely new '05 cooper when i thought "that rear window looks dirty, i'll give it a quick squirt". how dissapointed was i to find that the lovely arcing spray of wash that always tickled me on the old car has been replaced with a straight jet up from the base of the window :(

i'm sure its probably just as efficient but its no where near as cool as the old one. makes you wonder how much they really saved introducing a change like this :confused:

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
The old way was cooler, and I would think more effecient in applying the washer to the screen as it followed the arc............:cool:

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the best windscreen washers i ever had on a car actually put a spray onto the screen rather than jets, it was much more effective & used less water. the way the water from the windscreen end up all over the side windows really hacks me off sometimes

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
My new 5 series uses a system like that - 2 fan shaped light sprays apply the water in a mist, seems very effective...........:)

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Hat said:
there i was enjoying my lovely new '05 cooper when i thought "that rear window looks dirty, i'll give it a quick squirt". how dissapointed was i to find that the lovely arcing spray of wash that always tickled me on the old car has been replaced with a straight jet up from the base of the window :(

i'm sure its probably just as efficient but its no where near as cool as the old one. makes you wonder how much they really saved introducing a change like this :confused:
Oh dear, that is a shame. I would miss that little feature too.

I can't believe that this could have been for any other reason than to save a pound ot two in production costs.

Tigger.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
ooooooo a black 5 series :cool:

Nice stripes :p :D

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
someone has wayyyyyyyyy tooo much money.... :cool:

you maybe able to adapt the spray bar idea from a citroen bx, i alwyays liked the way that washed the window alternatively look at old shape toyota previas they did something similar.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
You should all be thankfull that MINI gave you rear wash/wipes!!

I i get a mucky rear, I have to get out and wipe it!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've grabbed my wiper stalk several times in an attempt to wash the back window on my MCC only to remember, after almost riving the end of the stalk off, that there is no wash. It's ultra irritating that you can't wash the back window on the convertables - I just drop the top when the window gets too dirty though :p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
noticed this today on a test drive too, not as cool, but think it works far better, but hey why should I care, I am buying a MCSC:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts