MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come. No more are people gawping and staring and pointing at my MINI.
My neighbour has one. I pass at least 2 on the way to work now. There appear to be more new MINIs on the road than old Minis already which is quite sad really... and none of them recognise each other - if i flash/wave they wonder how they know me instead of realising it was a friendly MINI acknowledgment.

My MINI is still amazing fun and I still love it to bits, but now that the wow-factor has come to an end its as if something is missing! I was getting used to it!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Dont say that :mad: :mad: Your spoiling it for the rest of us that are awaiting delivery :( :(

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
MINIs everywhere.

I know. There are a lot about now.
Doesn't seem to stop nearly EVERYBODY pushing me for a race though??!!
People still seem keen to find out what the MINI goes like!!
I do try not to disappoint, now and again! ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: MINIs everywhere.

R1 said:
I know. There are a lot about now.
Up North at least they still seem to be a bit thin on the ground, although I have noticed more over the last couple of weeks. I actually got my first wave yesterday from a lad driving a Red Cooper, it only took 5 weeks:p

Doesn't seem to stop nearly EVERYBODY pushing me for a race though??!!
You ain't wrong there:)

LMB;)

·
Registered
330 Posts
They're certainly common enough around Glasgow. I noticed 2 yellow and black Coopers, both with Chilli pack (well, 5 star 16" wheels), yesterday.

Made me feel quite ill, 'cos mines at the dealers again and I'm in a Vectra at the moment. :(

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
MINI's are like buses around Cardiff :) You'll see loadz at once & then go for days without seeing any :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Welsh MINI2 members are very few on the ground :( :( :)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Oh, how I wish I had your problem!

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I must say, Ive never owned a car before that makes people - and I mean people walking by on the street - smile so much, I hope the MINI never loses that ability to bring out the good in people.......

We collected our Cooper, Cosmos Black / White, Pepper, Sunroof on Friday, and its been such fun.....only problem is the rain, I keep washing it, go for a drive , and its dusty / dirty again!!

But when its clean, black is so classy......my wife wanted Silver / Black, when we went to collect our car, there was it beside a Silver / Black, and she was quite happy that she made the right choice.

Our MINI adventure is just starting !!

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
dcfkan said:
I get strange looks wherever I go, can't quite figured out why!!!

DK ;) :D :cool:
Maybe it's because someone has chucked a tin of lime green paint on to your MINI's roof? ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
We went for a razz in the peaks yesterday, people were gawping the whole way, there were 2 Chilli coopers in convoy on our "mini adventure".

Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Took my car (black) in for damage repairs (caused by R Sole the bus driver) on Saturday and am now driving a MINI One loan car - believe me people still stare. Then again it could be because the loan car is yellow!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
we're all individuals!!

Another good thing about there being so many MINI's on the streets is that you get to compare other peoples equipment (double entendre intended!;)) without having to drive for miles to a MINI Meet!

I spotted about 5 MINI's on the mean streets of Leeds this weekend, each of them completely different colour schemes (even a Yellow ONE which didn't have the chrome inserts and so was a teensy bit different from mine!).

I remember thinking you wouldn't get any other make of car that could be quite so individual, not to mention head-turning..

VIVE LA DIFFERENCE! (appologies to any French people reading this!););)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts