MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all think our Mini's are perfect(!!) but is there anything about yours that you would change. I don't mean spec/mods but things about your Mini that you aren't that keen on or you think are done better on other cars (hard to imagine I'm sure!).

For me it really is something little but it continually bugs me. Where the accelerator is a paddle, if I have no stereo on or it's on quietly, if I take my foot off the accelerator quickly the paddle makes a clicking noise where it flicks back into place. This is quite petty but when I first got the car I didn't know what it was.

Also, my old car was a Beetle and really liked the blue dashboard lights. Don't dislike the oragne just preferred the blue.

Over to you all.................

·
Registered
29 Posts
The light grey headliner with my tan/black interior really bugs me. If I had known I'd find it this annoying I would have gone for an all black interior.

I also don't much like the interior door releases. They are so small and everyone just can't seem to figure out how to get out of my lovely car.

I also wish the button for the trip computer was not on the stalk with the lights, but instead on the steering wheel.

You know, just dumb things that really don't stop me enjoying the car, but if I could have a perfect world, I'd change them a bit.

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Oh, I've got one. I wish I could have gotten the red dash. I really would add it now, but I bet it would cost a lot!

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pru said:
The light grey headliner with my tan/black interior really bugs me. If I had known I'd find it this annoying I would have gone for an all black interior.

I also don't much like the interior door releases. They are so small and everyone just can't seem to figure out how to get out of my lovely car.

I also wish the button for the trip computer was not on the stalk with the lights, but instead on the steering wheel.

You know, just dumb things that really don't stop me enjoying the car, but if I could have a perfect world, I'd change them a bit.
These are the kind of things I mean, really nothing things that don't take away from your enjoyment of the car. I don't honestly think that any car could be 100% perfect!

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many cars do you reckon have so few gripes as the mini? I am glad that we are all so happy with our cars!!!

·
meow mini2 meow
560 Posts
old MFSW looks old fashioned IMHO - new MFSW doesn't have a radio/cd/cd changer selector apparently - that is silly.

My gripe from day one - when I select reverse and the front wipers are on, the back wiper should wipe :)

Sunvisors are too small

Glove box too small

Outside temperature gauge should be visible to all :)

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something else my VW Beetle had but the mini doesn't and this was useful from time to time was being able to vary the speed of the intermittent wipe function. Didn't use it a lot but it was useful and would have been nice to have on the mini.

·
Because I Am !!??
240 Posts
Heated wing mirrors should be linked to the heated screen so that they are switched on and off with it,
Thats about all, I think !!??

Gordo :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Should be able to have rear wash wipe on permanently, as well intermittent, on a wet motorway the spray comes up too quickly and obscures your rear vision! On an MCS anyway to do with the spoiler i think!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I could change one thing it would be to get rid of those bulges on the steering wheel where your hands go. They really ANNOY me.

-Nathan

·
Shiredweller's Wife
2,732 Posts
wildchild jules said:
Something else my VW Beetle had but the mini doesn't and this was useful from time to time was being able to vary the speed of the intermittent wipe function. Didn't use it a lot but it was useful and would have been nice to have on the mini.
Agree. VW has a very good intermittent wiper, MINI not so good.

Also need a larger volume knob on radio.

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
111 Posts
Couple of things that get me:

I hate going into reverse! Is really hard to get it to go into reverse, prefer other cars where you have to depress or lift the gearstick to engage reverse.

The footwell trims, wish there was some carpet that completley covered those black box looking things especially prominent on the passenger side.

A two> litre forced induction engine version wouldnt be bad if i could afford one. Ooo a Mini Cooper M3, that would be a 'mega' car!

·
Proud Owner of YODA
44 Posts
That black plastic stuff through out the entire car. It seems to scratch and dirty easily, and washing it is a pain! You should see the backs of my front seats, plagued with white scuff marks from my friend's shoes.

Its been said before, the cup holders. It may just be us in the US where everything is big, including the 678 liter sodas we get with every fast food meal. But if the holders were just brought out a few inches and widened a tad it would be perfect!

:green:

·
Totally Mental!
21,789 Posts
wildchild jules said:
For me it really is something little but it continually bugs me. Where the accelerator is a paddle, if I have no stereo on or it's on quietly, if I take my foot off the accelerator quickly the paddle makes a clicking noise where it flicks back into place. This is quite petty but when I first got the car I didn't know what it was.

Also, my old car was a Beetle and really liked the blue dashboard lights. Don't dislike the oragne just preferred the blue.

Over to you all.................

hadnt thought about that clicky noise, but now youve mentioned it, i'll notice it more- damn! :rolleyes:
as for blue interior dashboard lights- that would definitely get my vote- good idea!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Two things: very poor view of the signal lights above because of the angle of the windshield and armrests should have been standard or at least available from the factory all along. That said, I have never loved a car more than my MCS and I have owned about 25 in my life.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is a bit out there but ....

MINIs really do get dirty rear ends which drives me nuts. What we need is a self cleaning backside e.g. a gigantic wiper that sweeps the whole back end.

The only other one that niggles me is when I stop to pick someone up, I forget to release the door locks and people keep grabbing at the handle - there should be a pop up reminder for dumb people like me.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts