MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much looking and playing around on the mini site, and asking questions here and in the show room, I think I've finally got the mini I will order for my birthday in March lol....Here is the spec:

Exterior
  • Dark Silver
  • 17" Crown Spoke Alloys (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • White Bonnet Stripes
  • Roof&Mirror Caps In White
Interior
  • Lea Punch Carbon Black (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Interior Trim Fluid Silver
Editions & Packages
  • CHILI Pack
Optional equipment
  • Dynamic Stability Control
  • Multifunction for S/Wheel
  • Sport Leather Steer Wheel (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • Remote Control Alarm
  • Exterior Mirror Pack
  • Heated Windscreen Washer Jets/Mirrors
  • Visibility Pack
  • Alloy Wheels In White
  • Floor Mats (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Auto-Dim Interior Mirror
  • Smoker Pack
  • Pass. Seat Height Adj. (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Front Centre Arm Rest
  • Sports Seats
  • Storage Compartment Pack (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Front Seat Heating
  • Colour Line Dark Grey
  • Additional Decor Rings
  • Sport Button
  • Park Distance Control
  • Front Foglights (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Rain Sensor & Lights On
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Automatic Air Conditioning (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • On-Board Computer (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Interior Light Pack (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • Pass Airbag Deactivation
  • Car Jack
  • CD Preparation
  • Radio BOOST CD
  • Full Bluetooth with USB.
  • 2nd Remote Key (Part of CHILI Pack)
  • White Indicator Lenses
There are a couple of things I'm not happy about lol, the fact that you have to pay extra for an ashtray (this is very handy for us non-smokers to keep change for the pay and display. The other thing is the final price of the whole thing...But I suppose you have to pay for greatness ;) Plus as I'm planning on not changing the car for a long time I suppose it will be worth it.

Your feedback would be appreciated on the list above (if you think I should change something or add something to it).

Thanks

·
24hr
248 Posts
What about Sports Suspension matey ? It's a no cost option as part of the Chili Pack but you have to tick the box ?

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Crikey thats quite a list :p:D Sounds like a very good spec to me - Got all the essentials on there :D The only thing I would change would be to switch to Flame Spokes, but that is a personal choice ;)
Good luck :D:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did think about this but thought the ride would be too hard.

Web Spokes was my original choice, but when I choose the white alloys option it removed them from my list...But it's nice to know I was thinking along the same lines as current mini owners :p

Does anyone know of some dark silver with chrome exterior images on here so I can have a look?

Thanks for all of your comments so far, much appreciated.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I did think about this but thought the ride would be too hard.

Web Spokes was my original choice, but when I choose the white alloys option it removed them from my list...But it's nice to know I was thinking along the same lines as current mini owners :p

Does anyone know of some dark silver with chrome exterior images on here so I can have a look?

Thanks for all of your comments so far, much appreciated.
Yea but just look, mmmmmmmmm, Webspokes :eek: :D :p

Chrome Line Exterior is a must! :eek: Looks odd without it I find.....unless your having the JCW Aero Kit at any point and then theres no need to spec it :p

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I would get the Sat Nav option, it is one of the best things I ordered on my car, and works really well with the PDC and the Full Bluetooth option you have chosen, makes the bluetooth easier to use, and with the PDC it shows you the radar image on the screen. Well worth forking out for exspecially if you're planning to keep the car for an extended amount of time.

Troy

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would buy a second hand year old one....you'll loose your shirt when you come to try and sell it with that many extras. Nice as they are they count for nothing when you trade it... year old MCS's are getting ~£15k come trade so a big loss in first year.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I would buy a second hand year old one....you'll loose your shirt when you come to try and sell it with that many extras. Nice as they are they count for nothing when you trade it... year old MCS's are getting ~£15k come trade so a big loss in first year.
I've just been looking on a couple of sites that sell second hand cars and was a bit shocked at the drop in price within a year.

So lets say I was to get a second hand car close to what I want, or even just the colour and chili pack, would it be possible to go into a dealership or somewhere to add the extras when I could afford them and keep the TLC/warranty (if it came with the second hand car)??

i.e I buy a dark silver 2007 MCS with the chili pack and after a month of having it I decide I would like to have the PDC, MFSW and the comfort control thing (don't think I would ever go for this option). Would it be possible?

If it was possible would it cost a lot more than what mini say they are to add on your mini from new?

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
I've just been looking on a couple of sites that sell second hand cars and was a bit shocked at the drop in price within a year.

So lets say I was to get a second hand car close to what I want, or even just the colour and chili pack, would it be possible to go into a dealership or somewhere to add the extras when I could afford them and keep the TLC/warranty (if it came with the second hand car)??

i.e I buy a dark silver 2007 MCS with the chili pack and after a month of having it I decide I would like to have the PDC, MFSW and the comfort control thing (don't think I would ever go for this option). Would it be possible?

If it was possible would it cost a lot more than what mini say they are to add on your mini from new?
You would only be able to add exterior/interior bits or plonk on JCW accessories. Any spec'd stuff as you want (PDC, MFSW, comfort control) can only be added at factory.

So you really have got to decide whether you want to wait for the perfect used MCS to come or order a new one to your spec which you'll get within 8 weeks. I went for a new one as my finances got far better and could afford what I wanted. Very happy with my Astro Black MCS :D.

·
Registered
691 Posts
PDC could be added after market.....

I'll sell you my Dark Silver, June 2007 MCS with MFSW, DSC, Chilli, Black roof, 17" flame alloys, chrome mirror caps, DSC, LSD, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, smoker pack (but dont smoke), Exterior mirror pack, visibility pack, heated mirrors / windscreen, rain sensor / auto lights on, colour line rooster red, matching rooster red bits on seats, Auto air con (not part of chilli), dark head lining, darkenened rear glass, First aid kit & triangle. JCW aero body kit and ipod kit + TLC....only 8.5k miles

Plus it's been to new ministuff and had the full stereo upgrade with tweeters added...and a parrot bluetooth kit.

Probably selling next month as I have a new job and will be getting a company car...if interested PM me.

Not an exact matching....but I paid £22k or so for the car and will be taking a big hit... would hate for someone else to do same without at least warning them....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
FergusM
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing