MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!

im new to these forums and im wanting to buy a mini cooper (new model)

wat do u guys rekon is a good price for one? i got a quote at a dealer for about $37,500 on the road with 17" S-spoke alloy wheels. Everything else standard. wat do u guys rekon?

apreciate ur help with this...

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
stevesmini said:
hi guys!

im new to these forums and im wanting to buy a mini cooper (new model)

wat do u guys rekon is a good price for one? i got a quote at a dealer for about $37,500 on the road with 17" S-spoke alloy wheels. Everything else standard. wat do u guys rekon?

apreciate ur help with this...
Is that the Chilli pack? Go for it, you will have the time of your life :)

Cooper S is only a couple of grand more,,

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
Sound good, but do check around because I had a big difference between dealers. ie trade in, and the big one Dealer delivery so keep an eye on that
Cheers
Brett

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Brett got his fom QLD from memory, but he got a MCS... he traded an 02 BRG/W MC for it.

What area are you in?

Todd

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im in sydney!

im wanting to trade in my golf...i want a more fun drive! hehe...and i want a manual...my golf i auto :(

u rekon if i can get the chilli pack and 17" for about $35000, would that be a good price?

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
stevesmini said:
im in sydney!

im wanting to trade in my golf...i want a more fun drive! hehe...and i want a manual...my golf i auto :(

u rekon if i can get the chilli pack and 17" for about $35000, would that be a good price?
Do it Steve. I went from a 2001 Mk4 GTI 1.8T to my 2004 MCS. I went from...

THIS :)

to

THIS :D

:indi:

Cheers Liam

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u rekon thats a good price tho? or u rekon i can get ir down more?

wat u rekon ill get for my 2.slow golf?

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
There's not much room the dealer can play with I guess as there's not a big margin in them. Looks like it's not a bad price at all but maybe you could bug them to take a higher trade for your car. If you aren't in a hurry and have a spare car, you could flog the Golf off, slap the dealer with the deposit then wait for your Mini.

Have you tried the Cooper S? I suggest you do because from experience..

Cooper = ;)

Cooper S = :D :D :D :D :D

Well that's if you could stretch your budget a bit more. Don't make the mistake I've made - bought a Cooper then got fed up with it then buy a Cooper S.

As for how much you can get for your Golf, there's so many factors affecting it but as a general guide check this out - http://www.redbook.com.au/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do u guys rekon getting the 17" are worth it on the cooper?

i mean it looks really really nice...but besides that..?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey Steve, this is Ross :) Welcome to M2

Nic has told me u r getting a MINI, u have great taste ;)

Which dealer did u go to?

The S-spokes are heavy and ride pretty rough, the 16" X-spokes are lighter probably more suitable for a Cooper. But if u r like me and love the looks of the S-spokes, u will learn to live with the rough ride.

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
If you get yourself a MINI you should make it look how you like it. That is part of the MINI experience, we're all the same but we're all different.

;)

Not sure what you'll get for your 2.slow, but in my experience I ended up a few grand a head by selling my Golf privately. One advantage of the MINI-wait is that it gives you plenty of time to sell your car. Assuming you do go ahead with the your order for a MINI try and get the dealer to commit to a trade price, it may be lower than you want to hear, but at least you have a solution if the MINI gets here and the Golf hasn't sold. Then while you are waiting for your MINI start to advertise your Golf and try and sell it as soon as you can.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Steve, what colour combo you going after ?

I drive a black/white cooper & i can tell you black is shocking to keep clean, but i wash my cooper every weekend so its not that bad. :D

$35k is a pretty good price for a cooper with 17's.

But.............

If i was you, seriously go for the MCS, i wish i had my time over again. lol

Im happy as larry with my cooper, its a great car, but for that extra $8000 you may aswell go for the MCS, weigh up the option on the S, you get the fog lights, multi fuction steering wheel, leather/cloth seats, supercharger, rear spoiler & so on & so on.

I got my cooper from Classic MINI Parramatta they gave me a pretty good price.......im just crossing my fingers when i trade my cooper in for a MCS in 1.5 years time i get a good price. lol lol lol

Daniel

Ps: Steve, where in Sydney you from & how old are you ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey yeah im looking at a black/white one too! hehe good taste!

i would get the MCS but parents are buying it so yeah..insurance compared to cooper and im under 25 and they dont want to pay for that too..hehe..im happy with a cooper..

hey ross! i luv ur car mate! yeah 17" is the way to go i rekon! more grip and the looks! :)

only been to artarmon mini...where did u get urs ross?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id love to get a a MCS! thats my dream...but seeing im not paying a cent for it and it's all my parents...then i have to be happy with a cooper..

plus the chilli pack comes with fogs and leather/cloth seats, MFSW etc etc...pretty good value when u compare it with it's competitors..plus its so fun to drive :)

how long does it take when u order the car and get it? approx?
coz i cant wait! :p

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
That is awesome mate!!

Getting the 17's on top of that too?

Todd

·
Registered
775 Posts
stevesmini said:
hey ross! i luv ur car mate! yeah 17" is the way to go i rekon! more grip and the looks! :)

only been to artarmon mini...where did u get urs ross?
haha thanks... nah man mines so plain, u should see everyone else's MINIs

Got mine from Parramatta, they were OK.

And as Liam said, try to sell your Golf privately u will get more for it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts