MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a black MCS and am not liking the standard grill with the chrome around it.

If I had the cash free I would put the full aero kit on it, but as I cannot afford it I was wondering if I should get the Lohen Aero Grill conversion for it.

I had a search through the galleries and cant find the pictures to help me decide.

Has anyone done this and does anyone have any piccies of it too?

Would you say it is a worthwile mod for a black mini?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hello mooneymini,

Do you need me to dig out some additional pictures of the Lohen Grill or are you searching out other alternatives? If you need pictures of ours I'd be happy to post a few up for you.

Cheers,
Emma

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emma,

That would be great if you have more piccies.

I had a look on your website gallery yesterday evening and saw them on your one show car.

I'm pretty sure I will go for one, just fancied seeing one on a MCS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black honeycomb grille for Cooper

I have the same question, have just got new Cooper in black and want to get the JCW black honeycomb grille for front of car without installing full aero kit. Cos I like them blacked out. Mini dealers will not sell grille separately from aero kit. I know the bottom grille will need some alteration. Can any1 help with this?
Thanks

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Welcome to MINI2 ...

I have the same question, have just got new Cooper in black and want to get the JCW black honeycomb grille for front of car without installing full aero kit. Cos I like them blacked out. Mini dealers will not sell grille separately from aero kit. I know the bottom grille will need some alteration. Can any1 help with this?
Thanks
Those who have done the conversion got their grilles somewhere, so there must be some dealers selling them separately ;)

As mentioned in the first post, Lohen has what you need:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi,

We are able to offer the aerokit grille conversion. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the grille on a Cooper S, although we definitely have fitted one to Cooper S's so we know they're a good fit. Your best bet at this stage for pictures is certainly our gallery, I'm sorry we don't seem to have taken more shots of it!

We do have grilles in stock currently and can deliver next day. If you're interested, feel free to email me [email protected] or place an order directly online.

Lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

Cheers, Emma

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I had this on mine... it was good, but I then decided to go and get an actual aero bumper as that is the muts!

It doesn't even have to be shaved down, it can go straight on almost, but it sticks out a fair bit. The lohen kit makes it sit virtually flush and it looks a little better.

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
dealers do sell them, i got the grille off a member on here but went for the lower section at scot hall bmw in leeds and got it no problems at all, no questins asked.

i had to mod it to fit my "s" bumper with a dremel tool but it was worth it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I fitted one last night from Lohen. I would ideally love the aero kit but its more money than I can afford.

It was not too hard a job to be honest. getting the upper grill off was the hardest as I had spotlights and they were not coming off so I got angry and chopped them off, probably should not have done that and jsut sold them on...oh well. Other than that I would say no more than an hour job!

It looks loads better. I will post a pic of what it looks like once I get home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a cooper and am thinking of getting the grille myself. Now the link above that takes you to Lohen... would that be a straight fit (no cutting)?
and i do have fog lamps on my current chrome grille, do i need special brackets to fit them? or can i use my existing brackets?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts