MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey What's up Mini2! Well, I'm inquiring about the 05 Minis and just have a few questions. I stopped by the local MINI dealership here and they have some in stock. I'm curious as to see if these prices they have are good/bad. Also to say that I guess I'm fortunate enough to be part of the U.S. Miltary sales here in the UK. I looked at a:

05 Elec. Blue Cooper S w/ the Premium Package and Rear Fog Lamp kit. It has the white roof/ mirrors. They are asking take away price of $20,370 USD.

Now, I don't know how that compares to the prices back at home, but I need some input. They also have the regular cooper w/

British Racing Green/ black leatherete/white roof/mirrors : Premium package/rear&Front lamp kits and Cockpit chrono Pack for $17,560 not sure if 5spd or auto.

Besides the engine differences what does the S have over the regular. Now I'm 22 years old so I would love to have the S, but I could only imagine how my insurance would be like. (USAA). Any input would be appreciative. Sorry if this post makes anybody unsettled. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
My experience is limited to only one dealer D&R in Indy. Of the cars they have in stock they like to max out the packages. Fine if you want those packages but as for me, I don't need the premium package. Would rather have xenon hedlights, can be 100% content with a MC without the sport package. They have a 05 MC CR/White with Premium, Sport and Cold weather packages with a CVT for just under $20K USD. So if you can get a 05 MCS for just over 20K pounds, it sure sounds like a good deal!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
ga_zx3 said:
Well, I'm inquiring about the 05 Minis and just have a few questions. I stopped by the local MINI dealership here and they have some in stock. I'm curious as to see if these prices they have are good/bad. Also to say that I guess I'm fortunate enough to be part of the U.S. Miltary sales here in the UK.
I think being part of US Military sales gets you invoice on the base price of the car:
  • $17,992 versus $19,899 ($1,907 savings) on 'S'
  • $14,887 versus $16,449 ($1,562 savings) on Cooper
I think you pay MSRP for options.

Use the MINI USA configurator to build the car in question and then subtract the savings listed above.

Aside from a more powerful engine, the 'S' comes standard with sport seats, sport suspension plus, 16" wheels with runflat tires and traction control.

Your insurance company can tell you the difference in rates between the two models.

·
Registered
87 Posts
MINIAC said:
Your insurance company can tell you the difference in rates between the two models.
has anyone done that before? would it make huge difference? hmm.. and i think ur car prices are really good.. cuz i went to look at a used Cooper S not even 05.. i think it was either 04 or 03.. and they said $26.000... with somewhat mileages in it.. i lowered it down to about 23 k but thats still a lot~

and YES peopleee how much u guys pay for insurance?? lets see some average numbers.. :confused:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
happihana said:
... peopleee how much u guys pay for insurance?? lets see some average numbers.. :confused:
Not much point in posting insurance rates because there are too many varibables involved ... age, location, driving record, number of cars insured, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called USAA last night and RX quotes on the both the MCS and the MC

MCS=$2500 will drop down to $2150 on april (turn 23) ($350 discount)
MC= $2400 " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "" " " "" " "

Now I live in the UK (miliary obviously) and I'm 22 w/ a perfect driving rrecord since day one! *knock on wood*...

Too me that is affordable, I was actually suprised to those rates considering age and location. Now they said once I get back stateside to my home state of GA my insurance rate would be $1700/year (full coverage)..

I just may consider the S, w/ my math and all I would only be paying $70 a month for the MCS over the MC.

Also I would love the Xenon lights, but they said it cost 1400 pounds to recorrect the lighting and I still have to pay $200 to correct the US spec halogens to UK spec..But that is ridicolous on the HID light fixation! I'm sure anybody can do this themselves, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts