MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following many requests for us to have a rolling road dyno we have come up with the following idea.........................................

ThinkMini plan to purchase a dyno and mapping equipment and possibly utilize the tuning skills of a very well known US tuner.

To keep the whole project in the hands of the Mini owners who want it we decided to start the Dyno club.

In simple terms a membership would be paid to TM (around £250 pa) and in return you would recieve 5 vouchers to use at ThinkMini either following tuning work or at one of the planned dyno days which would include BBQ and drinks etc.

This would enable us to insure full use of the equipment and you get the benifit.

As many will know im not a big fan of dynos as they can not always replicate road and track use, however we would continue to use the latest equipment to test on road and track enviroments and do all we can to ensure our rollers replicate this the best as possible.

Any thoughts? or who is first!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dave,
Would the £250 allow for 5 dyno runs over a year and 5 custom tunes (maps ?) utilising the skills of the US tuner ?

Also what sort of fan / cooling do you have in mind ?

Thanks

Perm

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plan is to include power runs, mapping would be an extra cost.

Extra runs could be bought at member rates.

The fans are to be decided, but the aim is to replicate road use as far as possible.

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
ThinkMini plan to purchase a dyno and mapping equipment and possibly utilize the tuning skills of a very well known US tuner.
I'd be interested in a single power-run once you get it installed but not in a batch of them personally. Never had my Mini on a dyno before and interested to see what the output is and get a power curve graph.

·
Registered
267 Posts
is it just for minis dave?or can any car join the club?and will it do 4 wheel drive?be good for me
if it would.:biggrin:

lee

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one off for the first year, then reduced prices for members in the second year.

We need to see a keen 40 members to make the investment worthwhile.

We are not looking for members to fund the equipment, its more an assurance of its use.

If the rolling road is not needed then we will install a MOT bay :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
why not sell remap tokens alongside the membership for those who live a little too far away to make the membership worthwhile? I'd buy one of them if it was from a certain US tuner

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Maybe you could Dyno packs of run with no end date?? Not sure I could afford annually at the moment.

How much to borrow the Dyno for half a day to do tuning work? :D Id happly drive up to use the Dyno for as many runs as I need for a morning or afternoons tuning/playing :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts